Grey water tank gauge fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WineLuvrs

Adventurer  37F, with less than 6K miles on it. The grey water tank gauge shows 1/3, sometimes 2/3, even though we have just emptied. Has anyone else experienced this too?

We have been parked for about two weeks. Maybe once we get back on the road and things shake up a bit it will heal it's self.(?)
We have tried filling the grey water tank to full and completely emptying it more than once.
We are parked on a level spot.
It has not gotten to freezing yet here.

Thanks for the link, John. I just flushed my tanks and both are still stuck at 1/3rd on the indicator. Not a big deal for me, but it would be nice if they worked for resale purposes at the very least. When I tell somebody "everything works", it must be true.

WineLuvrs said:
The grey water tank gauge shows 1/3, sometimes 2/3, even though we have just emptied. Has anyone else experienced this too?

Since this is a new unit, take it back to the dealer and let him deal with it. Winnebago now uses the external tank sensors and crude on the inside of the tank should not be a problem.

R

I had problems with inaccurate reading on my coach and the cause was detached sensors. The sensors on my Journey were attached to the tank sides at the factory using double sided tape that didn't hold.  Winnebago re-attached them using a "goop" like adhesive that also failed. Almost all on the black and large grey tanks have fallen off.  My guess is that the plastic tanks have residue on them from the manufacturing process. I removed the front of the service center, cleaned the spots with alcohol and reattached all of them with 3M red outdoor double sided tape from Home Depot and they have held eliminating the problem. You could have the same problem.

RLSharp said:
Since this is a new unit, take it back to the dealer and let him deal with it. Winnebago now uses the external tank sensors and crude on the inside of the tank should not be a problem.

R
Maybe...but, I have a 2014 Winnie ERA with the new sensors and still have a problem now and then.

Mine read 2/3 full for a few weeks, tried several flushes, finally got down to 1/3 full but no further.  As far as I am concerned the newer outside mounted gauges work no better than the old internal style.

WineLuvrs said:
The grey water tank gauge shows 1/3, sometimes 2/3, even though we have just emptied. Has anyone else experienced this too?..
Yup - been a problem for years and years of production and will continue to be until Winnie changes to a different system.

Back
Top Bottom