98 viking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darinmark

Good afternoon,

1998 Viking epic interior light works off battery power only is this normal? lights stay on when breakers turned off should converter fan run constant,not coming on at all thanks for your help
dm

On all trailers and motor homes, 12V (battery) is the norm for the lights so the answer to your question is YES, it is normal.

Breakers are used for 120V AC and fuses are used on the 12V systems, usually.  If the trailer is plugged in, then the 12V is supplied by the battery and the converter helps out while charging the battery at the same time.

The converter fan, in many cases, operates only when the converter requires it i.e. it is getting too warm. To know what your particular one should do we can likely find the information by knowing the make and model of the converter and searching for a manual using the internet.

HTH

Check the rocket switch on the converter.    They usaily have 3 setting.  120. Off and batteries.  Yours is probley set to batteries. Flip it to 120. And then all the 12 volt light should work on shore power

tipical popup conviter

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/robertzinn/ResizedImage_1401033201038_zps852fbad6.jpg
power switch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom