Anyone using this - Alfa R36 802.11 b, g N,?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy.
Is anyone using this device - an Alfa R36 802.11 b, g N, with an Alfa wireless adapter? Please post about your experiences with this.

Thanks,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Hondo, TX
1993 BBWanderlodge

I've had an AWUS036EW for several years and it's always worked just fine.  It's the 802.11b and g model, no 802.11n.

Howdy.
I wanted to give an update on our attempts to set up a Alfa R36 router with our Alfa WiFi adapter. It took a little doing and getting help from the seller but it is done. Now we want to set up security on the new network to prevent others from logging onto it. The set up gives a number of security choices. The 2 we think that might fit are WEP or WPA. Any recommendations as to which one?

Thanks,
Jack and Liz Pearce
P.S. I should have taken more networking classes in college.  :) Liz

WPA2 is the most secure on most consumer routers.  Don't use WEP at all, it's been broken for a long time.  Be sure to change the default password to something more secure as well.  Turn off WPS and UPnP too.

Ned said:
WPA2 is the most secure on most consumer routers.  Don't use WEP at all, it's been broken for a long time.  Be sure to change the default password to something more secure as well.  Turn off WPS and UPnP too.

Thank you, Ned. Will do.

Best regards,
Jack and Liz

Howdy.

We have  our Alfa R36 router sucessfully working with our Alfa WiFi adapter. Our network is O.K. and we set up it's security as Ned suggested. Jack's laptop(XP) and my laptop(Win 7) can log onto our network and get onto the Internet. The next thing I did was to install our wireless printer onto our network. Now for the fun....... Jack's computer sends a print command to this printer and it prints. My computer sends a print command to this printer. The Print dialog box is displayed, the printer name is highlighted but the status reads offline. YET, we can see that the printer is powered up.  And the printer does work with Jack's laptop. How can I force my laptop to see the printer as being online? Help!

Thanks,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Hondo, TX 

I would delete the printer from your computer, then reinstall it.

Ned said:
I would delete the printer from your computer, then reinstall it.

Thanks for your reply, Ned.
We did it and it works. You saved the day, again!!

Jack and Liz Pearce
Hondo, TX

I have a NetGear WNCE2001 Wifi Adapter hooked to my DirecTV DVR for On Demand. The park I am in has good wifi but not good enough so I bought an Alfa R36 but I have no idea how to set it up..there's no instructions or tech phone number. Please help!!

No installation disk...will d/l from your link. It looks like I will have to buy the AUWS036 to receive/boost the signal from the park wifi. Then the R36 will distribute it to the laptop, DVR, etc.  Thanks for the link.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom