AZ State Parks offer LTC this year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's INSANE ! Cattail Cove is full almost every night during that time period. And you can forget getting in there during Winterblast. Those 15 sites will be completely blocked 12 weeks at a time. Crazy.

Wendy

What were they thinking?!  We were never able to get into Cattail Cove, as it was always full.  People will now be able to set up shop at Alamo Lake for the whole season.  This will prevent people from enjoying the lake intermittently as the RV Forum did for years over New Year's Eve. 

Margi

Thanks for the info!

I spent a few weeks around there in March or April while I had a valid AZ pass. Nice facilities at CatTail Cove. Nice hot showers...

If you go right as you leave CatTail Cove and head south...

About a 1/4 mile down on the left is a gravel road that goes down and out. I went out of site into some maze of tailings piles for a  week and didn't see a soul. The roads are loose. The approach and exit angles might be too much for larger vehicle, though.

And if you pass that up, if you keep going south about 3 or 5 miles by where the power lines cross, there is a turnoff on the left that had many 30 or 40 footers back up there. I could see them from the road about a 1/4 mile before the turnoff.

Happy Trails,
Lisa

Anyone go into Cattail in December, wonder if too cold.. What abut Buckskin Mountain... have to look at the Alamo Lake did not see that one... What is a valid AZ Pass?

thanks, newbies to going south

Mark and Donna

We've spent time at Cattail Cove and Buckskin Mountain in December, January and February. Very nice. We kayaked the area in all those months and weren't cold except one time when we got caught out with a lot of wind blowing waves over our bow. If you don't need hookups, there's a great boondocking spot near the entrance to Cattail Cove, on the east side of the highway. It's called The Steps and lots of RVs boondock there in winter. A huge group gathers there in February for the Winterblast celebration in Lake Havasu City.

Wendy

We got into cattail last fall in early december. 
Heading south now, going to Goodyear, probably stop in wickenburg tomorrow night.  Or switch to 95 and hit cattail.

Back
Top Bottom