Make your desktop shortcuts come-up as a full size screen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerArdra

If when you double-click your desktop shortcuts they come-up less than a full-size screen here is how we fixed it. All our shortcuts now come up as a full-size screen.  This worked with our two Laptops WIN XP SP3 and WIN 7 SP1.

You will need a desktop shortcut that has a clickable link on it that you can click on and go to another web page after the first  shortcut is on your screen. Here's how...

1.  Open a webpage and stretch it out so it is a full-size screen.  Do NOT use maximize.
2.  Choose any link on this webpage, right-click on the link, BUT choose "open in a new window" from the menu that came up because you right-clicked the link.
3.  Stretch this second webpage out so it, too, is a full-size screen.  Do NOT use maximize.
4.  Slide this second webpage down a tiny bit (don't re-size it, slide it down) so you can close the first page.  Close the first webpage using EXIT.
5.  Finally close the second webpage using EXIT.  That's it.

We found that after doing this to one shortcut ALL of our desktop shortcuts, when double clicked, started to come-up as a full-sized screen.

JerryF

You've actually told the browser to open at that window size, it's not related to the shortcuts but the browser settings.  The browser remembers the last size it was when closed.  But it does work.  This will be profile specific.

Ned, yes this had to do with the browser and it affected every single internet shortcut on my desktop.  Last week I had my genealogy program on the left side of the screen to check against the data on an internet site which was on the right side of the screen.  Apparently I mistakenly hit the red X and got out of the internet site when that screen was small.  We had a devil of a time getting my internet shortcuts back to the large size.  Everything, including the RV Forum came up at the smaller size.  Jerry checked a lot of places on the internet to find out how to correct the problem and none worked until he found the one he wrote about above.

Moral of the story is don't hit that red X if your internet site screen is small.  Maximize it first and then get out.

ArdraF

As I said, the browser will open to the same size as it was when the last browser window was closed.  That's what you've described.  It's not the shortcuts that are affected but the browser window size setting.  There is no size setting for an internet shortcut.

Back
Top Bottom