September photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I have just posted my photos from September. The link is below in my signature. There are three photos from a Joe Satriani concert I went to at Universal Studios at the Hard Rock Live venue. They did not allow professional cameras so I had to use my smart phone. Fortunately I was in the second row, unfortunately all the photos sucked. Cameras in smart phones just don't cut it in low light. Don't feel bad if you don't know who Joe Satriani is. He is extremely well known to guitar players but the general public has never heard of him. He is my all time favorite guitar player so I was stoked to be seeing him from the second row.

Most of the photos were taken in Tampa at Busch Gardens. The bird life there is amazing. I spent the day there with my sister Sue, BIL John and cousins Diane and Gene.

And there are a few shots of Fluffy, the 3 year old Alligator that I got to play with at the East Fish Camp Airboat Rides demonstration. After riding in an air boat for 45 minutes they dropped us off at the dock and a trainer came out and put on a short show with Fluffy. He then passed Fluffy around to anyone who wanted to hold him. When I took a hold of Fluffy he didn't like it and made a wild move to escape from my hands. Fortunately I had a hold of him real well and he didn't go anywhere.  And fortunately he had his mouth taped up with electrical tape so he could not bite me. However the strength that Fluffy had in his body surprised me. He is a strong little devil. I can only image how strong a big one would be.

It feels good to be clicking a shutter again.

I loved the zebra!  My favorite photo this month, however, is the picture of you with a camera stuck in your face where it belongs!  I know Sue probably took that picture, but it surely represents the happy ending to a long ordeal for you and your family.  Welcome back to clicking a shutter!

Margi

Tom, I'm with Margi.  It's just so good to have you back doing what you do so well.  That being the case, the best photo is you taking photos.  Hands down.  Otherwise I really like the red flower and the zebra.  Thanks again for sharing.

ArdraF

Very glad to see you back taking those great photo and well on the way to a complete recovery.  I really like the detail on all of the photos.

It has been wonderful to get to know your sister through her blog and reports on this forum.  Hope she continues to come on the forum.  Thanks again to her keeping us informed about your whole ordeal and your recovery.

I can't narrow down to a favorite this month.  I will take some more time to review them and get back to you. 

I like the Roseate Spoonbill but that's probably because it's one of my favorite birds.

It feels good to be clicking a shutter again.

Congratulations! Love the photo with the camera to your face. Makes me feel like all is well with the world. Otherwise the Macaw is great too!

Keep it clicking!

Trevor & Roni

I'm with Margi, Tom. We're so blessed to have you well and back doing what you love...then sharing your treasures with us. I particularly like the spoonbill preening.  Gosh your photos are just awesome!

Tom, great to have you back!  You certainly haven't lost your touch!  My favorite this month is the zebra - I've never seen a zebra's belly before.  You must have been laying on the ground when you took that shot, what a great perspective!

And I learned something this month from one of the captions on your pictures too!  I never knew that flamingos traveled in herds.  LOL

rsalhus said:
Tom, great to have you back!  You certainly haven't lost your touch!  My favorite this month is the zebra - I've never seen a zebra's belly before.  You must have been laying on the ground when you took that shot, what a great perspective!

And I learned something this month from one of the captions on your pictures too!  I never knew that flamingos traveled in herds.  LOL
Thanks Rolf. I was definitely not laying on my belly to photograph the zebra. I was traveling on a train going 8 miles per hour through the back country at Busch Gardens. The zebra was on a slight hill in front of me. I am not going to be laying down to take photos for a while since I have stitches on my belly.

If you ever get a chance to watch the Earth series from the BBC you will see giant flocks of Flaminos. They travel in massive herds in Africa.

Outstanding as usual. Glad to see you back in good form.

Tom,

Glad to see you back to shooting those great pictures again.  I had to look through them several times and still can't decide which is my favorite, but I love the color in the pictures of the Wood Duck and the Lorikeet.  Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Good to have you back shooting, having gone through a similar situation a few years ago, I can understand your frustration of the rehab etc. Was rooting for you...all the pictures are great but the one of you upright is the most satisfying. My favorite bird is the roseate spoonbill so I guess that would be my favorite bird shot...

Keep shooting....

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom