Still here, decided to just start new thread

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carolyn,

On your coach I believe you need to look in the shore power electrical compartment. You should find the block heater power cord and a 110 outlet.

ken

There is an outlet in there I know.  We never worried about a block heater living in the sunny south!  As everybody says you guys did it all backward, live up there in your youth and down south in your old age! 

But thanks I will look, sure sounds like we have one, I keep forgetting to ask Tom about it.

Everybody get everything insulated and bundled up, sounds like we are going to be freezing our tails off all over.  I really pity the folks from Wyoming and all those areas, I keep looking at the weather bug map and its showing 10 and 20 below, I can't even imagine.  I
had been in some cold weather like that eons ago but not in recent memory and I don't like it.

Tom told me today, maybe you better buy me some insulated underwear and warm clothes, you think? 

He is going to be coming in from 80 degree days and 70 degree nights, has lived in that climate for years.  One good thing he used to be hot natured now he no longer is.  I don't think we will see nights of me with covers over my head and him with the ceiling fan on for awhile anyway.

Flannel pajama bottoms work better than that foolish waffle stuff. The legs shrink toward your knees and so does the crotch! I wear 'em under jeans in everything from 33? and rain, to brilliant blue sky, snot freezing, zub zero temps. A scarf and hat help keep your hands an feet warm, I kid you not. My snow fighter co workers were often surprised by my hands, steaming and nimble, when I'd take my mittens off to fuss with something on my rig.

Bill

I have the house 75, fleece top on, sweatpants.  Have flannel sheets on my bed, warm socks on.  I'm cold natured anyway, always froze up here in the winter growing up.  I'm looking out right now at sleet and snow, a highway truck just went by scrapping already. And My poor motorhome is sitting up there in the cold, snow, and ice.

I don't know why I didn't think about it before.  I went out this afternoon and hooked up the trickle charger on the stand alone genny, probably take 24 hours to charge the battery.  I tried cranking it, with the cold oil, way more then I have the strength to get started I'm sure.  It does have button start but I forgot to plug it in yesterday.

I cancelled my docs appointment, just a followup this morning.  At 6 the weather bug showed 36 and falling, decided not to take a chance.  The front wasn't supposed to come in till late tonight but was here before 3.  Not many  people driving by right now.  Don't expect to see a lot, looks cold out there.  The dog went out to do his thing and made a mad dash back to the basement.

I hope no one is driving and inroute in this stuff especially out west.

It's bright and sunny in Denver, now, temps from -8? early this morning to almost 10? this afternoon. Roads are mostly clear, but some side roads are slushy.

It was 70 here yesterday, what happened!! :eek:

I have seen 3 highway trucks go by this afternoon scraping the ice off. I'm not sure if it quit or not.

Was getting ready to bake bread, NO YEAST!  I think it may be here somewhere, have searched high and low, better order some, probably be here before I get to the grocer.  I may have a package somewhere, but I order it in pound packages so hard to

Ha found some and its good till next year, but just the little packages.

Any of you enjoy old timey music, watch RFD TV, tonight they have on the Molly B Polka Party, Sue Anne and I really like it.

Just playing good music and folks dancing at places in Texas.  Enjoyable

She and I kick up a heel once in awhile ;)

RFD has a number of good country music shows (many from 30+ years ago, some current) -- they make up a rather large percentage of what we watch on TV these days. And Larry's Country Diner is one of our favorites.

It's -11* this morning here in the banana belt of Idaho...45 miles west of Boise on the Oregon-Idaho border.  And it's not officially winter yet!  I'm not liking this!  :eek:

We are a balmy 29 today, heat wave!  It was 9 last night is to be 3 Wed night, people say it hasn't been cold like this till the last 2 years.

I ordered Tom some of those thinsulate underwear from Lands End, believe they are medium weight.

They got the windshield in my motorhome, I asked if there was rust, he said nope, those old ones are really built good.
they got my levelor done too but said there is a little switch he has to have they didn't send so has to put it on.  I told him likely wouldn't get it till next week.  No point trying to get it right now hoping it warms up a bit before we have to go get it.

Motorhome cranks right up don't need block heater.

Got it back today, need to clean it and load it.  Sue Anne is ready to go, I said not yet.

The tail pipe bracket sure made a difference, it was vibrating and making a lot of noise,
no more.. Wonderful!

It's a pleasure to drive.  Had to turn on cruise to keep from going to fast on the way dome.

But now its not clean

Well its official, the buyers and us agreed on a selling price for our house in Houston.  No repairs on the house, had to agree on a
septic deal.  It worked but being 20 years old, could be a problem for them.  But I would rather have a good working finger
system any day rather then aerobic, but whatever.  We have no complaints, very clean contract with buyers in good financial condition, a relocation so that's good too.

Should close on or before January 16th, so its really official. What a wonderful Christmas present.

I will miss my home there but now maybe we can get on with making this feel like home. 

We are going this week and looking for another riding mower, let the smaller one go with the house, it wasn't big enough for this
one.  We have a 60 inch cut but I need a regular mower to pull my weed sprayer and small lawn trailer, so likely a 48 inch cut.  They don't come much wider. He said when he is home 2 of us mowing will whip this out in about 2 hours. Then another tilt trailer, they bought it too.

Tom wants to look for a new johnboat for us, thinks after Christmas with it cold and miserable maybe we can get a deal on all of them.  Guess time will tell.

Oh I got a small 10 X 10 greenhouse, its plastic so not some big expensive thing,  Hope it lasts a few years.  He wants a tray
for the bed of his truck that mounts on rails and pulls out, nice deal really.

So Merry Christmas to everyone in case I don't get stopped back in before then.

It sounded like you've had some really bad weather there.  Will it affect Tom's return home?  Hope he has a good trip.

ArdraF

Dear old hubby got in on December 18th.  He is enjoying being home but we always have so much to do.

It's cold and rainy or was so he is not getting to do all he wants to by any means.  They are saying 9 tonight, brrrr.
He was where it was in the 90's during the day but is doing fine.  Sadly he leaves again January 6th, so time home
isn't going to be long.  We were talking about this contract, it lasts till Nov 2015 unless something would happen.  So
many of the countries getting work done have difficulties you never know.

Things are going very well.

We are still leaning toward going to Arizona, but have to wait and see about the weather and the closing.
It's scheduled for Jan 16th, either through a traveling notary or there so that will likely delay us a week. 

All of you have a very Merry Christmas, Sue Anne says so too.

I know you'll have a nice Christmas just because you're all together, but please tell Sue Anne we're looking forward to meeting her at Quartzsite.

ArdraF

Tom got the motorhome out for me.  I'm cleaning, think I will leave the rat poison in till we go, only 2 containers. No more mouse evidence

New batteries in the smoke and co2 detectors, one was going off driving me crazy.  Now its warm I turned the back furnace down, it gets HOT in there, whew!

I had the rv place look over the top and see if anything needed caulk added, its been over a year and I haven't really inspected it.  He said they added anyplace it looked like it needed it.  Sadly the motorhome got filthy bringing it home and its to cold to wash it
or have it cleaned unless it was inside.  I bought wax, maybe I get someplace warm I'll have it washed and start waxing on it again.

We have some really cold weather coming in, they say Tuesday 7 below.  I have to take Tom to the airport at Indianapolis Monday, really early.

I was going to hang around till the 16th for the closing of the house in Texas, but not sure I'm going to do that.  The title company said they can get me a traveling notary anywhere I am.  I do have to do a few things though.  Get the dog cleaned up and nails trimmed so he can stay at MIL's and give him his monthly med and flea stuff.  Get kitties done too and have her ears checked.  Get my 4 back tires put on. The state is supposed to review Sue Anne in January not sure how I will handle that.

Tom said next time I guess we will get the baseplate for the Caddy so I can take it.  I hate to, but like he says we don't need 2 cars and a truck, he is correct.  I'm also going to sell an almost new landscape trailer, I used it twice.  We are selling my other one in Houston, the buyers want it so we replaced it up here, saved us a trip.  Tom talked about getting Sue Anne and I a boat, I told him wait.  I'm not sure how much we will use it and just renting might be more economical.

We have been toying with buying a lot in Florida but I'm not so sure I would just rather rent one so we can go different places, no decisions on that either.

Anyway, we will leave sometime this month.  Sue Anne is voting for Quartzite, I told her we will if weather is ok.  I'm wanting to go the northern shorter route, might be a big mistake, but cuts off megamiles if I can. Tom said he thinks that's a mistake but if I do
I need to move along quickly and not dally.  I don't go quickly, I just drive till about 3 or 4, find a place to park, do a load or two of laundry, read, watch tellie, and that's it. 

And I told him forget about a newer motorhome, I like this old one.  I need to stain some crown molding, clean on the ceiling oxite and things like that. I tried cleaning before and thought its ok but its not.  Today I used some peroxide here and there and that took dirt off, surely there is someway to clean it really good.  As of right now I see no reason to buy another motorhome. I like driving this one and I don't want anything any longer, this is my limit.  We have fixed, done lots of deferred maintenance mainly and upgraded stuff but we have had no engine or tranny issues, not to say we won't.

I want to put in LED lights and replace those lights that light the floor.  2 of my ceiling lights in the bedroom worked then quit, all the rest work.  He needs to rework the hookups for the TV's, said he needs warm weather to do that.  We took off the crank antenna
and patched and fixed where the hole is, I never used it.  I got sidetracked last year with all the moving, still want to sand and restain then polyeurathane all the crown molding on the windows.  I have a new RV GPS to put in it and get used to.

We took everything out of the bays when it was warm including the mats and scrubbed everything out.  That's when he fixed the water tank.  I know what happened, I had a big container and had it full pushed it hard back in wouldn't go and shoved somemore.  Wouldn't you know the downspout hung into the bay and I ripped one side.  He did that water weld stuff and its fixed.  He took the tank completely out and fixed it back, that was last time he was home and fixed the genny fan.

I wouldn't mind to have it aligned, if we get to Quarzite maybe they do something like that out there??

Tom had gotten me a Rand McNally RV GPS, I'm finally getting to downloading the info on my computer so I can update it.
I think I'm going to like this one a lot better.  Bigger screen then Tom Tom and seems to be a lot easier to use.  I got my
motorhome stats loaded and now am exploring other facets of it.

Brrrr, to get 11 below here Monday night.  Tom catches a plane out early Monday morning so we are going up and to Indianapolis
Sunday evening and staying overnight to make sure we can get there.  I will go back to the hotel and stay till it gets good and daylight as I don't see good driving at night.

It's been snowing today and to be 7 tonight.  I doubt I get out for a couple of weeks, to much bookwork to take care of before I
leave, but I'm sure ready.  And Tom goes back to 92 degree days.

They cancelled Tom's Monday flight, now we are wondering about Wednesday.

It's -4 here with a -25 windchill out.  I went out to feed the birds again, suet blocks, sunflower seeds, and bird seed mix.  Poor little fluff balls are out there scarfing it down.  The snow was deep, told hubby if I was out there walking in it a few days would really burn the calories.  However, first time I've been out in 2 days.  He took trash out, I took more and let the dog out.

He was able to put me up some towel racks we need.  I even found some to match the ones in the house.  Tomorrow we are going to try and finish the tile in my sewing room.  Still a lot to do to finish the basement but at least the flooring will be finished.

If I leave for Quartzsite in 2 weeks, likely take me near a week to get there, will I be to late?  Hubby says if I go the northern route I better really hustle or could get stuck in some bad weather.

Thoughts from others?  Or should I head for Florida and forget it this year??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom