Still here, decided to just start new thread

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a visit from a lady I know from another forum for solo women RVers.  Oh my, the lady lost her husband not to awfully long back, she had depended on him, I don't know her age.  Maybe my age or younger they were full timers, I just know her first name, isn't that something. 

We sat and chitchatted for awhile, she looked sad.  She has been here for awhile and also at her kids.  When she was ready to leave I was looking at her tires, the front one was really low and I pointed it out to her.  She said yes my husband took care of that, I don't even know how to check them but I did buy a gauge.  I checked it and all the others for her and showed her how to use it.  That tire had 20 plus pounds and shouild have had 80 cold!  Damn, I told her she better air it up, and I asked if she had checked her oil she said not lately. I said doesn't it steer funny with it that low, she said not that she noticed, well ok.  I'm thinking there is so much she needs to know I wouldn't even know where to start.  After she left I got to thinking, doubt if she even knows how to air it up.  I told her go by a tire store and they will help her.

She will end  up with so much worng I doubt she can survive long alone.

Whoa, I'm looking at the temps for Vegas the first half of next week, we may delay that trip, have to see, but going to be pretty cold up there.

I saw an interesting set up across from us yesterday.  The guy had his 5th wheel hitch sort of built in with panels, the front being fiberglass.  I just happened to see the guy unlock the door and go inside and shut it, I thought that's odd.  He has a lawn chair set up under there and it appeared to be a sort of windbreak so they can sit outside.

It looked like he was talking to someone, the other side was opaque so you couldn't see in that side.  Later I saw a lady come out of the other side with a book, so they had made themselves a small outside room.  I thought that was pretty neat.  Now I wonder what part of my anatomy I may have be scratching while working out there and they saw me.  I was sitting on the couch when I happened to notice it.  People never fail to be innovative.  They sure weren't as tall as me, so don't think it would work well for us.

PatrioticStabilist said:
That tire had 20 plus pounds and shouild have had 80 cold!  Damn, I told her she better air it up, and I asked if she had checked her oil she said not lately. I said doesn't it steer funny with it that low, she said not that she noticed, well ok.

I'd bet the tire has been damaged with that low of a pressure and if she drove on it. May explode on her in the near future. Best!

We got to Vegas this afternoon.  Since it was only about a 4 hour drive from Quartzsite, we got up late and meandered along.  We went 62 across then up 95 in California through the Mojave Desert before we came up the other way. It was nice to drive from 55 to 65 at the most and not feel like we were being pushed along on the interstate.  It was sure a beautiful day and not a lot of wind or anything, a pleasure to drive.

I wanted to be sure and get in Vegas before rush hour and not get on the strip with this motorhome.  I relied this time on the GPS and it did good, we came in the back way to the Circus Circus KOA.  She gave us a nice discount for some reason today, the pull throughs we are in are pretty full.  Don't care what the reason was appreciated it.

I told Sue Anne I wasn't doing anything today, we will tomorrow.

It says 50 here but due to my cold naturedness, is that a word?  I had the furnaces on once and now the small heater on near me.  I must have the cold gene.

I did look at the temps back home, I told Tom I don't want to live in that in the winter, he said oh sounds like fun, I can get out and push snow with the tractor.  When he was home after the last snow storm he was up clearing out the parking places at the diners and post office, our neighbor did the community building.  All I can say is brrrr!  I don't even want to walk to the mailbox!  I bet my little birds are all hungry. My MIL said BJ doesn't even want to go outdoors, he's out, does his business, and zips back in.

The water here in Vegas sure does taste better, I was buying water to drink in Quartzsite. 

Sue Anne and I are sure scratching, but I haven't found any water that doesn't bother my skin since leaving our well water in Texas.  I don't think our water conditioner takes out enough of the chemicals they treat the water with  in Indiana.  I lived on well water most of my life and sure do like it. Personally I think a lot of the stuff they treat water with causes cancer.

You are in dry country and so dry that it dries out your skin.  Liberal application of lotion is one of the cures.  A humidifier is another one.  Here in MT we use both in the winter.  We don't have a humidifier for the MH so use lots of lotion when in QZ, Vegas, etc.

Yes, didn't really think about it.  I have bath water conditioner, I think its just softener of some type, need to remember to use it.

I think if I lived here my skin would wrinkle up!

They say maybe some rain here today and 30% chance tomorrow.  I'm sure they could use anything they get.

The KOA is fine for this time of year, we have been here before to this campground but I sure wouldn't want to stay here in the summer, you could probably fry eggs on all this asphalt.

We are off to the Fashion Mall later today, Sue Anne's Verizon is on its last leg, she has had it a long time but the stick is dying and I need to use a secure internet line also.  Have to start the taxes at least and also do some other online things like pay bills back home!

I noted that my battery monitor in the overhead isn't registering any charge, I'm thinking its not working.  The satellie guy pulled out the one where you select front and back TV the other day and I wonder if he knocked something loose. MY battery voltage is 14 something so no issue there.  It's the battery/water control panel, now I see the water pump switch nor water heater switch work either.  It's just a box, I'm guessing a fuse or wire knocked loose.  I just like to be able to monitor my battery charging, I never use the water pump or water heater switch up there, I guess its there so you can see while driving if you have it on or not.  I'm not to concerned about it, but I would like it to work.  May see if I can pull it out one day and see if there are any obvious items disconnected. The small wonders of an old coach. 

We plan to be here at least a week, maybe more, not sure yet.

I AM FALLING APART PEOPLE, LITERALLY!

I lost an upper cap before I left, it doesn't hurt so I figure its an old one that had a root canal.

Well wouldn't you know, today after I ate lunch, whoops something wrong.  I had one of the tops off one of the implants disappear, oh man, I can't believe it.
The top one you can't see, the lower one is about half way back and I'm sure people can see it.  I'm thinking of trying to go by the oral surgeon near the Woodlands and at least get the top one pulled and get a bone graft to start prepping it for an implant, but now I'm starting to wonder about them.

$$$$$$$ as you all know, man oh man.

I may be eating creme of wheat soon!

I found I can kind of bump the battery monitor button on the coach and chassis batteries and see that they are 3/4's charged.  Not sure what's going on with it but long as I can see its fine till Tom can look at it.  He says all you have to do is turn on the key and look at the gauge and see the battery is charging, true, but I like my little buttons!

At our age Carolyn it's maintenance, maintenance, maintenance, patch, patch, patch!  ;)  Hope you can get the teeth taken care of before you experience any pain.

The titanium pin won't hurt, its secure and in the bone. Of course I wouldn't want to eat peanut brittle or something like that.  I think that is the one my dentist had trouble getting the top seated way back when it was put on.  I'm guessing from having to do all the chewing on that side I put extra stress on it or something.  The way my mouth feels I'm thinking it may have been a bit high as now my bite doesn't feel right at all.  I would say with all the dental work I've had done over the years its quite an art to get it right.  I never had a cap break off before, ever.

Decided to see an oral surgeon here if I can and get the top one pulled and start the prep for an implant.  Put in a request this morning, will see if they can get to me in the next week or get me to someone that can.  I have had some pulled in the past only 2 or 3 at the most 2 implants and a bridge so 3 I guess and never had any problem, so here's hoping.  I'm afraid it could start hurting then I could be in the middle of nowhere with severe pain.

Quote " The KOA is fine for this time of year, we have been here before to this campground but I sure wouldn't want to stay here in the summer, you could probably fry eggs on all this asphalt. "

We booked KOA the last two weeks in June for a week two years ago . After two days we couldn't take it anymore .

Air Conditioner was freezing up 110 degrees outside , afraid to look at the temp inside .
We couldn't go anywhere because we didn't want to leave the pets just incase the cooling gave up completely .. We booked a room for the remainder of the week at Motel 6 Tropicana and they let us plug in for the fridge . Much better and very handy to the strip and monorail .

Bill

Yah!  The oral surgeon is going to see me Monday to see if the top tooth I broke off needs to be pulled, if so he will, not sure if he will that day.  I am so fortunate they got me in and its not very far from where we are.  If he gets that out and puts me on an antibiotic I won't have to worry about it hurting.  Then when I eventually get back to Indiana full time I can get started on fixing my teeth.  You can tell I'm old when new teeth make me happy!

Today we went to the Fashion Mall and went shopping, should have stayed home.  Got some pretty things at Macys and also a new pair of shoes at Ecco, they are very very firm in the arch and felt so good I left them on.  I break my shoes down fast because of my bad arches, I don't this pair will for a day or two and they felt wonderfu.

We had breakfast there and no dinner but DQ.  We may go to Circus Circus to a buffet later tonight.  Tomorrow Sue Anne is wantingto go see the Kiss Golf course where ever that is, I need to look it up tonight.  If we go to some evening shows going to take a taxi, not driving around trying to find my way here. I'm wanting to see the 60's, 70's, and 80's rock concert.  We also like the medievial jousting and tournaments, may do that one night.  She has other shows in mind she is wanting to see.

We hit the slots yesterday, likely not put much more money in, we are not big gamblers.

I unclipped the little plastic front of my battery monitor panel in the overhead panel, wouldn't you know all switches work, I try to pop it back in, switches don't want to work.  I pulled it off again and pushed the connector in, plastic with lots of wires coming into it.  So I loosely popped it back in the frame and it works.  The plexiglass panel won't let it fall out, but not right.  I can't see anything loose, maybe wires inside coming loose from just old age.  While messing with it turned the water heater off and didn't notice.  Got ready to take a bath and wouldn't you know, cold water, durn, so waiting for it to reheat.

I feel really good this morning.  Slept like a baby last night and Sue Anne did too.  We are just goofing around this morning.  Going to take off a bit later in the morning.  She wants to go back to the  M&M store, The Cocoa Cola one and just wonder around in that area.  Maybe go see the Titanic exhibit.

It's supposed to be 65 today and is 56 now, that is totally welcome. 

She is playing on her computer this morning and I'm watching a Silvester Stallone movie of all things and looking out at what is going to be a beautiful day.
Doing a load of clothes and then getting ready to hit the strip around noon or so.

Everyone have a great day.

Jerry and Arda, came and got us today.  They visited some and then took us to lunch, was very good.  Then we went to various sights around Vegas. My favorite was the Bellagio chinese year of the horse display.  That was just beautiful.  It was a really gorgeous display of flowers and things chinese.

So today was a very nice day with I must say a very interesting and lively pair.  Sue Anne had a great time she said they were both so nice to her. 

She and I must be getting old because I think we pooped out before they did.  But we enjoyed every minute of it.

Now tomorrow, going to the oral surgeon and see what he will do.

We were going out to dinner tonight and now I don't think we will.  We used to go day and night and now here we are in for the night.

Life is good.

I'm watching TV, reading, and on the computer. 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom