Still here, decided to just start new thread

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hadn't noticed, LOL! 

I think this is kind of like one I see that says they are trying to kill a thread and it won't die.  Could be happening.

Ever once in awhile I come along and update the thread.

Just something to do.  I want outdoors and to be working or traveling or something besides sitting here.  As they used to say, this is a drag man.

I was afraid you had fallen off the face of the earth Carolyn!  Remember...mending that foot properly is more important than the garden.  They have lots of farmer's markets that you can pick up fresh produce and do your canning.  There's always next year for a big garden!  Heal right this time and you may not have to do this again.  Best to you!

Margaret  :)

With my feet issues, it will never heal correctly.  One day if they perfect it, I will have an ankle replacement.  Now the best thing I could do for it
is lose weight.  That forever issue it seems at least for me. The boot is protecting it and I started physical therapy yesterday, the gal said active as I am 2 days a week will do it instead of 3.  I have exercises I need to do tonight and will.  Last day to the chiropractor for awhile, and Sue Anne to the massage therapy session, she LOVES that.

But hey, look what I can do.  We have the new garage apron and to be able to use it it needed the fill dirt spread.  Tom had it in front of
the pad to keep anyone from driving on it while it cured.  Well did you know I can backfill stuff with the tractor.

Tom said don't worry you only use your right foot on the brake so it shouldn't hurt and it didn't.  Of course I didn't do like him and its far from done,
but as of this weekend I can get my car in the garage.

We are going to landscape around the back and end, sod or seed the swale, I have a cable to bury, going to put a piece of pipe around it first, but
that has to wait also, so not finished.

It had to curve like that to keep the water from running into the garage when it runs down the hill, so Tom was worried about them pouring it
the way he wanted.  Looks odd in the pictures but you don't notice it standing out there.

Attachments

• Grading 001.JPG
    Grading 001.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Grading 002.JPG
    Grading 002.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Grading 003.JPG
    Grading 003.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 50
We finally got the water tank, I think it may be just a tad smaller, maybe 5 gallons.  BUT there are no sensors for the water level in it!  Those on my old one worked perfectly, and they are inside the tank with screws on the outside, I guess.  I'm not sure all of those are, need to take a picture of them.  It was not in a box or anything, the truck driver brought it out and its scuffed up and stuff.  I would have thought they would have protected the valve at least.  Interesting.

I'm wrong, went out and looked at the tank again, the down side facing the floor had a curved corner too and when I looked under there I saw
all the same screws, so it is the same, sorry.

All is going well.  I could not continue with the boot on, as of Friday night had to remove it.  It had the inside ankle bruising and starting to bleed.  I was using moleskin, washcloths, anything I could find to try and pad it but the pain was awful.  Also the difference in height even with shoes on was wrecking my hips and knee.  I have been wrapping it with a brace and doing the exercises.  I'm also going to physical therapy and will complete that. 

She says its doing well, we are trying to strengthen the muscles in it so I'm doing pretty good.

I made a blouse, just have buttonholes and buttons to finish, very pretty, made from my stash fabric, quality about 100% better then what I can buy now. It's an embroidered cotton fabric, similar to eyelet.  I am getting ready to make a pair of slacks and a top from fabric with stretch, won't take long, the slacks will as they have a rounded fitted waistband.  I have made them before and they fit really well.  Also reading a lot of books so enjoying myself.

I have not done weedeating yet this year except around the house and its getting out of hand, hope to soon.  It is raining, has been and will for most of the week so have to wait to finish out the garden.  Will till once and Tom will when he comes home.  Got my zero turn back so no stress on foot mowing. I have a guy hired for the summer to weedeat the front ditch every 2 weeks, Tom is trying to figure out what he is going to do with it.  Put a pipe down it 430 ft, the highway won't, put fabric and riprap, or what but we know something has to change out there.

I hired landscapers to clean my landscaping all across the front of the house, replace some shrubs frozen out, put in new mulch.  Also clean out the back flower bed, the clematis, are blooming like crazy back there.  They also planted 6 hedge rose bushes for me.  I never hire things like that, but that may become an annual thing!

So other then finishing the garden and weedeating things are well in hand here.  However, I have as yet to get the motorhome washed and waxed, I will just may take some time. If I can find someone to do it locally, I will at least get it washed, that would help a bunch.  I will ask at the local car wash.

I'm looking through some publicatons and see lots of places to make short visits say a week or two over the summer in Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois.  Going to wait till Tom gets my water tank in though, kind of unhandy without it.

So everything is good here!!

I have a guy hired for the summer to weedeat the front ditch every 2 weeks, Tom is trying to figure out what he is going to do with it.  Put a pipe down it 430 ft, the highway won't, put fabric and riprap, or what but we know something has to change out there.

What do you want to achieve with the ditch?  When Mother lived in Michigan she had a ditch out front that was constantly eroding.  She finally put in what I think she called Purple Vetch so that the root structure would stop the erosion.  She seemed pleased with it.  Don't know if it will help you or not, but an idea.

ArdraF

This is a roadside ditch, to steep to mow.  We knew it would be an issue, the seller said it was for her. 

We could do something like the vetch, it has grass on the front side and mostly weeds on the back, would take a ton of that stuff
to do it all, likely cost a fortune.  We have discussed that.  I'm not sure right now, just don't want to have to weedeat it, to hard on
my feet. The grass keeps it from eroding, past us it is eroding along the farmers field if it starts doing that, then we have to do something quicker.

Everybody here is telling me this is unusual weather.  Tonight its supposed to get 38, that's just cold!  And we had more rain this afternoon plus hail, not real big but it hailed for some time.  Likely the cold front coming in.

I try to mow between rains.  This will be the first time doing weedwhacking this year.  I got the worst part yesterday.  I also bought a gallon of weedkiller as I have a 20 gallon pull behind sprayer.  I'm doing the fence rows so I don't have to deal with those this year.  Didn't have everything here to do it last year.  That will relieve a ton of work, then just around trees and the house and garage.  I could spray around them to, but kind of hate to do a dead zone around them.  After mowing this year it may just happen!

Other then that all is well.  Of course still don't have the motorhome washed, in time, in time.

This probably sounds morbid, but I picked out our grave marker today.  There were 3 I loved, the one I really wanted was just more money then I would pay, it was a type of red granite with embellishment around the top, just beautiful.  I'm still thinking of picking the one I liked better then the one I chose, I still can until its engraved of course. There were 2 others and I liked them both, I'm thinking the one I chose is too austere.  It's black granite with all polished sides and a sort of bevel around the front.  The other had 3 vertical cut channels down each side in the front and a rectangle raised at the top, quite unique. I just want to make sure all that stuff is done before hand, don't want to do it at an emotional time.  Also make sure we get one!  I still may chose the last one, we also have Sue Annes.  The lady said they raise in price from 6 to 7% a year, I believe that.

So another checked item off the list!

My MIL helped me finish planting the garden yesterday, I will say for someone 87 physically she is in good shape.  I can hardly get up and down without a hoe to stabilize me with my stupid foot but she can.

I know losing weight will help me more then anything and I'm trying to get started on that goal, its hard as I love good food, but necessary. I need 20 off for sure and anything more wouldn't hurt me. That would also help the GERD and reflux too.

I'm thinking of backing the motorhome out and starting some cleaning.  We do have a small pressure washer that I want to wash the radiator with.  It doesn't blow hard, hubby bought it to just wash cars with if we want, now we have a big one that would blow it away won't use that.  I will try this in a small area first if it looks like its to strong wont' will just use a soft brush.  But I would like to clean them with cleaner, I bought a stuff that is a degreaser supposed to clean good, need to check and see if its not to be used on some metals first.

I'm caught up except for weedwhacking about a 1/4 of the yard.  I'm being careful with the foot, may just take the motorhome for a run today, hasn't been for a month or more and exercising the genny.  Haven't decided yet. Supposed to get 75 today, that will surely be welcome.  Is the cold weather finally behind us??  I hope so, really tired of that.

Another month till Tom gets home, June 20th, looking forward to that.

Took the old girl out for a 25 mile run.  The chassis batteries were almost dead when I went out and she wouldn't start.  Found GFCI on the outside plug was flipped probably all the rain and it hadn't been keeping the batteries charged with the minder, rats. 

I started the genny so they would charge, took about an hour and then she started so off we went.

I left it out as I have to start cleaning the outside, pretty awful, but I also started taking stuff out of the motorhome garage so I can power wash the floor. 

Lots of stuff needs done. 

Sue Anne just couldn't wait she had to go for a ride, she said we sure didn't go far.  I told her nope just trying to get everything warmed up good instead of just letting it set and idle.  Also I have to keep my hand in on driving, doesn't take long to suddenly realize you are driving a huge, basically a truck that weighs a lot and need to keep in practice, or at least I do. 

I'm with Sue Anne!  I took mine out for a 10 mile drive last weekend after it had been out of commission for several months. I just wanted to keep going, but didn't have time. Looking forward to more travels.

Yes, its the pits.  Here I am no job or anything and still can't keep up!

Hey, here is something I found works nicely.  I like clean windows on my house but with 22 windows and screens its work. The windows are supposed to be the tilt type but they don't tilt as easily as the ones I had on the house in Texas and I have to get out the ladder.

Yesterday I was cleaning the back porch, patio furniture and wall.  I decided to spray the windows and house wall outside first with clear water.  I have a sprayer that holds soap, so then I filled it with Mequiers car wash and sprayed the windows, screens, and wall, brushed it with the motorhome wash brush it extends way up.  Then rinsed it with clear water.  After that I filled the reservoir with dishwasher rinse, Finish, and rinsed it all down.  I couldn't believe it, I even cleaned through the screens left them all on.  I came out with clean screens and clean spot free windows.  Guess how I'm cleaning all the windows on the outside from now on.  Only complaint is it used a lot of soap and dishwasher rinse.  This is just too easy, hope some others can do this and likes this idea. Sure beats dragging ladder, buckets, towels, and all that stuff around. I also had some in dormer windows that are just there for looks, now I can clean them with the jet spray selection.  OH happy day!

We went fishing yesterday and I caught 7 fish, Sue Anne 3.  We threw them back but 2 of her catfish were nice size ones I could have fried and a couple of mine were too, one was a big sunfish.  One of the catfish was full of eggs so not about to keep her. Just for fun yesterday, we are going back again today to use the rest of the redworms.  We have a 1500 acre lake 3 miles from us and a couple miles the other direction the Wabash River.

I had a boat some years back, it was an inboard 20 footer, to hard for me to manage so we sold it.  I'm looking at a jon boat, lighter weight and more functional for just fishing, we don't ski or anything. Tom said get one at least 17 ft and wide in the beam so it will be stable.  But I want one with the center console, electric start, etc.  Tom said he can put an electric winch on it so I don't have to pull it in, that was my issue.  Plus back then I just couldn't back it up, I have learned to do it now.

Sue Anne likes to fish and gives us another option of things to do locally.  Just hate to part with the money, sigh, but you only live once!!  I love summers here, its beautiful.  But just not planning on spending all winter here, everyone has been warned!!

Went again today only caught 7 and Sue Anne none this time.  But she is getting a tan or red right now and looks healthy, she had fun.

We got pizza for dinner, had a great day.  Hope all of you did too.

Tomorrow, I'm cleaning and not doing much else.  Enjoying our summer!

Now I do keep our truck inside a garage most of the time.  Still its 8 years old, I have hand waxed it only once.  I take it through the touchless car washes or hand wash it.

Yesterday I washed it as usual with the McQuiers car wash, great stuff.  Rinsed it good, then used the Finish dishwasher rinse in the sprayer and sprayed it down.  I did dry it, but man look at that shine.

I don't know if it will do any good, but the end of this week or first of next I'm FINALLY washing the motorhome, I'm going to try rinsing it with this stuff and see how it does.  I also  used it on the new car, it sparkles too.  I don't think there is anything in it that will hurt the finishes, at least I sure hope not.  No need to wax that yet.

Attachments

• 2006 truck.JPG
    2006 truck.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Another view 2006 001.JPG
    Another view 2006 001.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 48
I finally washed the motorhome yesterday, what a job.  I didn't get on top of it this year but washed the top from the ladder with a long brush but could see all the way around as I moved it.  I found a slit in the roof right above the awning maybe 3 to 4 inches long, it wasn't there last time I looked and that was when Tom and I were messing with the awing a couple months back, not sure how that happened but once it dries good will eternabond it.  Also I never put the ladder on the fiberglass end cap as afraid I will scratch it but did this time and looked the clearance lights over.  They need replaced bad in the back.  I'm going to put a sealer on the top of each screw.  Tom replaced the front ones and he said he needs to redo those as they didn't fasten good in the fiberglass, he said when he does the back he will need to redo the fiberglass underneath as the hole sizes aren't the same.  They are all caulked down good and around.  We have had a couple of leaks in the back ever since we had it, way less then at first but still gets the ceiling damp and since everything on this thing is sealed good I'm betting its from those so I'm sealing the screws on the top, again after its dried good. I bet that's it, I have looked everywhere and sealed everything trying to find where the water was coming in, that has to be it.

Then I rinsed and used the Finish as a final rinse.  Need to take pictures, it looks good but I'm still going to wax it, 2 years is long enough.

Sue Anne and I are getting a fishing boat.  Been looking at used ones but Tom hasn't been happy with what I've found.  Some look really good and the boats likely are.  But just seems like we are worrying about the motors. He said any that have set to long and not run have problems but even if they have had the carburetors replaced that they are hard to adjust right and can cause issues.  And they want so much for old boats so Tom started looking for me.  He found he said the economy Bass Tracker 160 that we can get new with everything I want.  The console, bilge pump, fish finder, depth gauge.  The wide beam, basically a jon boat, can hold up to 4.  There will likely never be more then she and I.  Also a trolling motor and a 20hp motor which is all they allow on the fishing lakes around here anyway. It also has a 3 year warranty on the engine so if I have issues it can be taken in at least for that long.  Looks like the nearest place is Jasper Indiana to find one.  I intend to go over there next week and see what we can find.  He said that one is listed as for the occasional fishermen and that's us.  It will be fun to use in the summers. Tom said get the light  weight life jackets.  He said they have some that will inflate soon as they hit the water and are more comfortable to wear.  We definitely will wear those as Sue Anne can't swim and I couldn't save both of us. I can swim but am just ok, not great at it. I will take an extra float or something for her too. It may sound silly but we always take our shoes off in a boat or wear slip ons, just that much more weight.

Well we think we are the price Tom found is not available, it is the least expensive and I haven't found one in stock.  Have to see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom