There's been some changes made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
This morning, two trucks pulled up towing a house, in pieces.  Yes, we're putting a house on the lot where one of the RV sites was located.  We still have the other site for parking our motorhome and for our friends when they stop by to visit.  We aren't giving up RVing but will be traveling less and spending more time here in Texas .  There's a lot of the state that we haven't seen yet so we will do more short trips and fewer long ones.

Here's a couple of photos of what it looks like right now.  Tomorrow the installation crew comes in to put it together and hookup the utilities.  We'll post some more photos when it's finished next week.

Attachments

• East end.JPG
    East end.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Front side.JPG
    Front side.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 157
Looking good. I remember when Mom & Dad put a modular on their Oregon lot. And they kept traveling part-time for another 20 years :)

skyking1 said:
Looks nice, Ned. Great site too.

Thanks, we have lots of live oaks to give early morning and late afternoon shade.  But midday we get the full sun, ok in winter but not so much in summer.

Wendy said:
Looking good. I remember when Mom & Dad put a modular on their Oregon lot. And they kept traveling part-time for another 20 years :)

I hope we can still walk in 20 years :)

Ned said:
Thanks, we have lots of live oaks to give early morning and late afternoon shade.  But midday we get the full sun, ok in winter but not so much in summer.
You can mitigate that with creative placement of awnings and porch roofs. Some folks like various window treatments inside but that still keeps a ton of infrared on the wrong side of the glass.

Wendy,

I doubt I'll be around in 20 years, let alone walking :(

Kelly,
There will be a 10x40 foot deck with roof across the whole front of the house, so that will give a lot of shade.  I'll post a picture next week when it's finished.

Congratulations Lorna and Ned, it looks great.  Your location is such that you will always live the best of both stick and RV worlds.  You have a lovely lot in a great location, and good neighbours.  The house looks good, and will only look better once it gets set up.  As you will recall, Donna and I were there when one of your neighbours was getting their place set up, and it turned out beautiful, so we know yours will only be better.
    Enjoy it in good health, we're so pleased it all worked out for you two.

Donna and Ed

Ed, thanks for the good wishes.  The site is still here for you if you get this way again.  Most of the RV lots in our subdivision have had homes put on them in the past few years, mostly manufactured, but a few stick built.

Gary, we're all just trailer trash :D

Should look really nice when you're done. Looking forward to more pictures. If you upgrade the Canyon and get the right permits, you could take your new home to the QZ rally  ;D

Ned,

Congratulations. Glad you got the details worked out to make this happen. Look forward to pics when all set up.

ken

It was a bit of a convoluted path to get here, but it worked out well for everyone.  The whole story is too long, and probably too boring, to write up here, but it will make good campfire fodder.

Ned,

Really nice! Now, if you want a lot of shade, you should put in a patio like we had when we first bought our second home. It was 18X24! Lots of room to stay outside during a rain storm and protection from the sun. When we added on it became a 12X24 which was still adequate but felt small due to the earlier version. :D :D

We hope you will have many happy years there.

So happy for Lorna and you that things worked out this way!  Good looking home!

Looking forward to the progress report  -- and to a first hand inspection!

Don and Mary Ann

Back
Top Bottom