There's been some changes made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned,
I like it. Bj and I are starting late so the MH and retirement house will probably happen about the same time. It will be either a modular or restored older house somewhere between LaGrange and College Station. If I may ask, I'd like to know who the manufacturer was? I can see it with a big porch; If I could, I would probably have a porch all the way around the house so I could always find a breezy, shady spot to park my butt. Look forward to more pics.
Niels     

Congrats Ned and Lorna.  It's gonna be fabulous when it's all complete.  Your are gonna love that porch.

Now you are gonna need furniture.... ::)

Marsha~

Marsha, yes, we do need furniture.  We have some for the living room and a dining room set, but need to furnish the bedroom(s) and an office.  I see estate sales and auctions in our future :)

Estate sales and auctions are how we filled this house. Now we need to get rid of all the "stuff".

I see estate sales and auctions in our future

Those are fun.  You might want to also look at antique shops; they could be a bit higher in costs, tho.  We are looking for a 54" round pedestal table for the eating area in our house.  We have one now that needs a new top.  Tim can refinish it, but his "to do" list is extensive and it could be years before he gets to it.  :-\  We STILL have not finished the back patio--might be done by Christmas, but that's a maybe.

Have fun!
Marsha~

Don, I'll check it out, thanks.

Ernie, great, it would be good to see you again.

Don't laugh, but we have occasionally found great stuff in thrift shops and Salvation Army stores. Wealthy people donate some really nice stuff sometimes. Larger cities usually have consignment shops with used furniture & appliances too.

All good sources.  We have all the appliances except for the dishwaher.  We mostly need beds and office furnishings.  We'll be staying in the motorhome for a while yet.

The house is assembled and they're finishing the siding and inside today.  Also, the water and electric should be working by this afternoon.  Next week the deck goes on and it's done.  Then all we have to do is pay for it :)

Ken & Sheila said:
Wendy,

Are you moving?

ken

Ken, We've been moving for about 10 years now, just haven't gotten around to getting rid of all the "stuff" and I'm not moving all this junk. Mike would like to move south but instead of getting the house ready to sell so we can move, we just jump in the motorhome and leave. I kind of look at the house as a very large, expensive storage unit. :)

Wendy

Stan, we'll look forward to your visit.

Yesterday and today the finish teams were working, right up to dark last night.  The siding is all on, the skirting is on and painted, the power, water and sewer are connected and it's looking like a real house.  Monday the front deck is built and it's ready to move in, if we had all our furniture :)

Here's what it looks like tonight.

Attachments

• Front on Friday Evening.jpg
    Front on Friday Evening.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 64
Cool. Would love to see pictures of you guys climbing up the ladder :)  Good thing you've got the motorhome to sleep in, huh?

The back deck is being built as I write this, so no more climbing the ladder :)  We'll be in the motorhome for awhile as we locate furniture for the bedroom.  Or we could sleep on the floor.

Ned said:
The back deck is being built as I write this, so no more climbing the ladder :)  We'll be in the motorhome for awhile as we locate furniture for the bedroom.  Or we could sleep on the floor.
I slept on the floor about 13 years ago- didn't have our coach- never again- the thrill is gone- replaced with an old body

Back
Top Bottom