Rear camera for Lance 850

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doclocke

I received my new Lance 850 a couple weeks ago, and have a question about the unit that I hope someone here can answer.

I want to install a wireless rearview camera, and according to the literature the camper is wired for that.  I'm assuming that somewhere beneath the outside surface, above the door, there is a 12v D.C. wire and a ground wire that will power the camera, but I can see no indication of their location.

Rather than conducting exploratory surgery on my new camper, I'd like to have some idea of where the wires can be found.  Does anyone here have that information?

If the unit is new, what not call Lance and ask for the details?? I think most cameras may be powered from the monitor end!

Alfa38User said:
If the unit is new, what not call Lance and ask for the details?? I think most cameras may be powered from the monitor end!

Actually, I did that before I posted my question here.  The Customer Service rep at Lance sent me a PDF document that would supposedly pinpoint the location of the pre-wiring, but all I received was a line drawing showing the skeleton view of the rear end.  While the drawing did show there were several wires present, there were no measurements to them from any other part of the camper.  As you can undoubtedly imagine, that was of no help, whatsoever, and therefore my post here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom