EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Moving South  (Read 1122 times)

wiseguyar

Moving South
« on: October 03, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »
Hi
I close on my house here in Minnesota in 2 weeks.
I am planning on buying a fifth wheel or bumper pull to live in while I look for the right house or land to build in NW Ar.
My youngest son moved out in April so it is just me and the dog.
I now have 2 kids in Ar and 2 in MN so after 22 years of cold Mn winters I am going back where I grew up with warmer weather.
I am planning on pulling my bass boat down next weekend and buying a rv so the next week I can pull my 18' enclosed trailer down and set up life in Ar.
I am getting rid of every thing that does not fit in those 2 trips.
I could just go buy a house but I like the idea of not having to be in any hurry to find the right place for me.
I really don't like living in apartments so the Rv seems like a nice choice for me.
I  have found several rvs on craigs list that look like they will serve my needs for maybe up to a year or how ever long I take to find the right spot for me.
Is there any age limit I should not look beyond?
I am a cabinet maker for 30 years  and grew up with a father who was a mechanic so any maintenance or remodeling for my taste is not an issue. 
Any thing I should look for specifically that is not in the research I should have found on this site?
Thanks
Dave
1996 Hornet elite by Damon 30' 5th wheel
TV 1995 Ford f250 Power Stroke ex-cab long bed

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Moving South
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »
Welcome to the RV Forum.

In addition to the guide to buying a RV and the delivery checklist in the Forum library you can do a search for  "Buying Used RV" which will lead you to quite a few discussions on buying a used unit.

Good Luck and don't be shy to ask if you have a question.

wiseguyar

Re: Moving South
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »
I got my boat down on Fri.
Bought a 1996 Hornet by Damon 29' fw super slide on Sat.
Drove back up here to MN. on Sun.
The person I bought the fw from was very helpful and pulled it to the Rv park I picked out on Sat.
That was very helpful because I have not had time to put a hitch in my truck yet.
My truck used to have one in it and should handle it fine. The fw is 11500 gross weight the truck is a 95 f250 power stroke ext cab long box that I just got 2 months ago.
I did not want to start pulling campers with my  half ton chevy I had.
The house closes Wed. and I leave Thurs. morning just in time to miss the 1st snow here in MN.
This is going to be an adventure.
I have seen a lot of great information on this site.
As of tomorrow I am done with 100,000 + dollar mortgages.
Thank you
Dave

1996 Hornet elite by Damon 30' 5th wheel
TV 1995 Ford f250 Power Stroke ex-cab long bed

Hosted by Over The Network