Moving South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wiseguyar

Hi
I close on my house here in Minnesota in 2 weeks.
I am planning on buying a fifth wheel or bumper pull to live in while I look for the right house or land to build in NW Ar.
My youngest son moved out in April so it is just me and the dog.
I now have 2 kids in Ar and 2 in MN so after 22 years of cold Mn winters I am going back where I grew up with warmer weather.
I am planning on pulling my bass boat down next weekend and buying a rv so the next week I can pull my 18' enclosed trailer down and set up life in Ar.
I am getting rid of every thing that does not fit in those 2 trips.
I could just go buy a house but I like the idea of not having to be in any hurry to find the right place for me.
I really don't like living in apartments so the Rv seems like a nice choice for me.
I  have found several rvs on craigs list that look like they will serve my needs for maybe up to a year or how ever long I take to find the right spot for me.
Is there any age limit I should not look beyond?
I am a cabinet maker for 30 years  and grew up with a father who was a mechanic so any maintenance or remodeling for my taste is not an issue. 
Any thing I should look for specifically that is not in the research I should have found on this site?
Thanks
Dave

Welcome to the RV Forum.

In addition to the guide to buying a RV and the delivery checklist in the Forum library you can do a search for  "Buying Used RV" which will lead you to quite a few discussions on buying a used unit.

Good Luck and don't be shy to ask if you have a question.

I got my boat down on Fri.
Bought a 1996 Hornet by Damon 29' fw super slide on Sat.
Drove back up here to MN. on Sun.
The person I bought the fw from was very helpful and pulled it to the Rv park I picked out on Sat.
That was very helpful because I have not had time to put a hitch in my truck yet.
My truck used to have one in it and should handle it fine. The fw is 11500 gross weight the truck is a 95 f250 power stroke ext cab long box that I just got 2 months ago.
I did not want to start pulling campers with my  half ton chevy I had.
The house closes Wed. and I leave Thurs. morning just in time to miss the 1st snow here in MN.
This is going to be an adventure.
I have seen a lot of great information on this site.
As of tomorrow I am done with 100,000 + dollar mortgages.
Thank you
Dave

Back
Top Bottom