Ford Transit Diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RetiredJohn

Has anyone heard if any Class B manufacturers are planning to build a unit on the new 2015 (Due out in Summer 2014) Ford Transit?  The Transit, not to be confused with the smaller Transit Connect, is the Ford E Series replacement.  They show a 3.2 I-5, 5-cyl Power Stroke Turbo Diesel power-plant option.  I would think this may be a less expensive alternative to the Mercedes Sprinter 6-cyl Diesel being used today.  I was intrigued how much better mileage the older Mercedes 5-cyl Sprinter models were getting vs the newer 6-cyl they started to use after, I think, 2008.  I'd like a Sprinter but can't justify the expense, approaching a Class C.  Maybe the Ford will achieve the same goal, cheaper???

Anyone out there heard anything from shows, dealers or just plain scuttle-butt?

While the Transit is replacing the E-series Vans Ford apparently will continue to build the E-series Cutaway chassis used in Class C and B+ motorhomes, emergency vehicles and commercial vehicles.

we will have to wait to see if anyone builds a B on the Transit platform.

ken
'

They are making  a cut away model and there will be many other body styles. I haven't heard about anyone planning rv's.

With all the other Ford (RV) chassis' on the road, I can't imagine someone out there won't be producing a class B model by next model year.  Especially if Ford can do it cheaper.

If there's an opportunity for the manufacturer to take some more profit to the bottom line!  You'll see it happen.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what will play out. 

Here is one Conversion a B+ plus Camper.

Attachments

• Suncamper Southern Cross.jpg
    Suncamper Southern Cross.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Suncamper Southern Cross 1.jpg
    Suncamper Southern Cross 1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 65
wow that's nice. Is it a UK or Austrailian Model?

I aven't heard anything about orders for RV's just fedex and ups.
I also heard that the "American Pickers" will get one of the early production units.

OK.
I did hear that Winnebago has ordered some transit vans too. They say it will be considerably cheaper than the sprinter  too.
I'm not sure if it's full vans or cutaway cab only.
The longest one goes 24 feet and roof is up to about 6' so it should be a good candidate.

Has been done this came out in 2002

Attachments

• Winnebago Ford Transit.jpg
    Winnebago Ford Transit.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 60
Rv manufactures like that Mercedes emblem on the front of their RVs better then a ford blue oval.  It implies better build quality

It is not to well known yet, but Ram (ne Dodge, ne Fiat) will be offering a diesel version of their front wheel drive cutaway van in the US.  Winnebago already offers a gas version of said van class C Travaco with Chrysler V6.  I am waiting to see a test of this one. Its lower and should get great fuel milage!

robertusa123 said:
Rv manufactures like that Mercedes emblem on the front of their RVs better then a ford blue oval.  It implies better build quality
I think they are still built in Saltillo Mexico by freightliner. the dodge is built near there too.
You also pay for that logo too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom