No consideration by Truckers.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having been a long-haul driver 5 years, my perspective is that there are good and bad drivers.  A much higher percentage of bad ones nowadays, because the trucking industry has had such an explosive growth rate for the last 10+ years that the standards for new drivers aren't what they once were.  And it takes some time for the dirtballs to find out that trucking isn't for them. 
But there's still a lot of real good men and women driving for a living, and thank God for every one of them, with the crowding on the highways being what it is.  When you meet one who should not be getting to drive a truck for a paycheck, you try to make his day as discouraging to him as you can.  If he drops a bag of trash (or poop!, many times) in a parking lot, you turn him in immediately and get him thrown off the premises.  If he performs any dangerous or unlawful maneuver in his truck, call the state patrol and get him busted. 
That may not be everyone's preferred course of action, but it let's me sleep at night with a smile on my face.

Back
Top Bottom