ICE phone contact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Everyone needs at least one ICE (In Case of Emergency) phone number on their cell phone.

Sue, this is an excellent reminder.  Everyone should have an ICE (In Case of Emergency) number in their cell phones.  If you don't have one in yours, stop and do it right now because it's really important.

I'm glad Wendy asked about why Tom called 911 because I was going to ask too.  I know about the normal signs of a stroke like slurred speech but a headache isn't one of them.  It is too bad he doesn't remember because it might help someone else.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Sue, this is an excellent reminder.  Everyone should have an ICE (In Case of Emergency) number in their cell phones.  If you don't have one in yours, stop and do it right now because it's really important.
I took your advice Ardra. I stopped and added an ICE number. I named it A In Case of Emergency so it would be the first one in the list.

Tom - Forget the "A" just list it as ICE. That's what people look for first. Not that it'll hurt to leave the A one, too.

I have an android phone and the directory comes up with ICE as the first entry above the alpha characters you use to get access to people  of a particular letter.  It should be obvious.

Jim, my android doesn't come up that way.  We each put it under ICE.

ArdraF

My Droid Bionic has a builtin ICE app with room for at least 2 phone numbers, blood type, and allergies.  I have the icon on the my home page.  I don't know if it was an app from Google or Motorola.  Also, bringing up the People app shows the ICE entry at the top of the first screen.  Check your phones, ICE is likely already baked into it.

Of course, if you use a PIN or other lock on your phone, ICE won't help you a bit unless you're able to unlock the phone for the medical folks.

I just checked my lock screen and there is an icon on it for Emergency Contacts, so it seems that someone has thought of everything.

Put a dash (-) in front of it, plus who it is, such as,

-ICE Sister
-ICE Mom

ASCII special characters sort ahead of Alpha ASCII characters.

Maybe the ICE preferences are a Motorola addition to Android.

For $1.98 I just downloaded an android app called "in case of emergence (ICE)" work on top of a locked screen, gives call to several numbers and GPS coordinates. It downloads and keeps current emergency responder numbers and a whole lot of stuff I forgot....also has medical history and list insurance providers.

Our "old fashioned" Verizon LG phones list In Case of Emergency as the top listing.  We can list three different numbers.  I have to admit, it was only today after reading your messages that I added ICE numbers to both my phone and Tom's.  Thanks!  This forum is about so much more than RVing.  :)

SeilerBird said:
It might be a good idea to split this ICE discussion to a separate thread so more people will see it.

Good idea!  It certainly got my attention in a very helpful way.

Ned said:
Maybe the ICE preferences are a Motorola addition to Android.

That may be it as all our phones, wife,  kids, etc. are Motorola except one daughter and her kids and they have IPhones but I know they have ICE on theirs

SeilerBird said:
I took your advice Ardra. I stopped and added an ICE number. I named it A In Case of Emergency so it would be the first one in the list.
I did that on our phones. Next step is getting her to carry it. ::)

My smartphone is a Samsung Droid Charge - and I keep it password protected. As a smartphone, I keep a lot of data that I want protected. So far though, have not figured out a way to allow someone then to get to my ICE contact w/o first having the password. The phone allows me to make an emergency call outside the password, for example if I forget my password - but no access to my contact list or any way to store an ICE number. Just a live keypad.

As part of my own emergency setup I also keep a copy of my Kaiser flash card that contains the most recent copy of my entire health record that Kaiser updates after each of my appointments. Plus, I keep an ICE card in my billfold. And on that ICE card I direct my rescuer to my pants pocket containing the flash card in addition to 2 next of kin numbers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom