EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: new health care law and full timing  (Read 7337 times)

rvpuller

• ---
Re: new health care law and full timing
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 10:29:34 AM »
People can say anything they want about what's true or not but I have the paperwork from my insurance company in front of me that compares my old policy and the one Obama Care dictates what my policy has to be. I'm not allowed to keep my old policy I have to go with the more expensive one mandated by the goverment to me this is a fine imposed by the goverment, I think it's called spreading the wealth around but some of us don't have it to spread around. We have been buying our own heath coverage for 33 years and doing just fine now it's putting it out of reach for the average person.

Denny

35 FKTG HH Premier  215/75/17.5 tires. 13" Kodiak Disks
2013 F350 DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 gears
Home Base SC Nebraska

docj

• ---
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 06:43:47 PM »
I refuse to cooperate with the ACA rules on signing up. I will not give out all my personal information to big brother. I'll take the fine.

The reason your personal information is being asked for is so that the ACA system can verify your identity and correlate it with the income data on record at the Social Security Administration (which is actually the agency that W-2's go to and which does official income verification).  By correlating your income data with your ACA application the system can calculate the subsidy, if any, that you are eligible for.

The government decided that since many of the people applying for ACA insurance will be eligible for subsidies it was better for them to see premium prices only after their subsidy was calculated and subtracted.  That way they wouldn't be scared off by high prices without realizing that they wouldn't have to pay them.

If you choose not to participate you may be costing yourself a lot of money since the only way you can obtain a subsidy is through an official ACA exchange.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at www.facebook.com/weisstravels.net

99WinAdventurer37G

• ---
  • Life's a series of experiences, enjoy every one.
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 07:01:16 PM »
Yes, totally agree the previous reference was way off base.....the point of my question is .....I do care that I am totally responsible for my health care .....that is why I am paying $427 a month for my policy currently.....am not worried about the penalty as I have no intention of going without insurance.....would just like to use the new system to lower my premium
The outlandish scare tactics have been out there forever.....a shame people don't read the facts...just listen to rumor

The unfortunate thing is that the market place will not lower your premiums unless you qualify for subsidies.  Which most people with the resources to purchase a MH will not.

After 2016, when everyone is supposed to be covered or pay 2.5% of their AGI, most of the young people should have obtained HI, which should lower the premiums for those over 50.
1999 Winnebago Adventurer 37G , Ford V-10
2006 Honda VTX 1300S

docj

• ---
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 07:31:31 PM »
The unfortunate thing is that the market place will not lower your premiums unless you qualify for subsidies.  Which most people with the resources to purchase a MH will not.

I have no idea how you come to your conclusion.   The determining factor with respect to subsidies is the Adjusted Gross Income on your form 1040.  How much cash you have or how much you invested in your MH is irrelevant.  Sure, if you have income-producing investments that will affect your AGI but having equity in a home or in an RV will not.   People are eligible for subsidies until their income reaches 400% of the poverty level.  I know there are plenty of RVers who will qualify.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at www.facebook.com/weisstravels.net

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 06:31:46 AM »
Regarding that story where the lady claimed it would cost her 9K a year to not sign up.

I figured it out... Yup, as many of you know I recently spent a week in the body shop (Hospital) getting some work done under the hood (Heart issues, it appears they fixed em)

Well.. I logged into the insurance company web site, my account, claims, and found out how much that visit cost the State of Michigan.. 9K is not far off.  Glad I have insurance (Blue Cross administers the plan but the State of Michigan is the actualy payor on the plan).. My share is 103.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Carl L

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
I refuse to cooperate with the ACA rules on signing up. I will not give out all my personal information to big brother. I'll take the fine.

Information like your Social Security number?   Your AGI as reported on your Form 1040?   Your current address, including ZIP code?

If so, I fear you are a bit late on that part.
Carl L/LA   [Forum Staff]  KI6SEZ

Prowler 23LV TT pulled by a '95 Ford Bronco

99WinAdventurer37G

• ---
  • Life's a series of experiences, enjoy every one.
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »
I have no idea how you come to your conclusion.   The determining factor with respect to subsidies is the Adjusted Gross Income on your form 1040.  How much cash you have or how much you invested in your MH is irrelevant.  Sure, if you have income-producing investments that will affect your AGI but having equity in a home or in an RV will not.   People are eligible for subsidies until their income reaches 400% of the poverty level.  I know there are plenty of RVers who will qualify.

Just from my own friends, and going to the web site.  Those I know with a MH make too much to qualify for subsidies, but I am blessed not to qualify.  You are right, there are folks that could decide to buy a MH That May qualify.  I would never buy a MH if I couldn't pay cash, but in this country I understand I'm in the minority. Just like I tell my friends, if I'm not paying taxes, I'm not operating at a profit, so I'd rather pay taxes.  Whether they use my taxes to pay for others does not bother me as much as not making enough money to have to pay taxes.

According to healthcare.gov my cost would be $7920 a year, and I don't qualify for subsidies, neither do any of my friends that have checked.  So I guess my time in the Navy paid off, because I have the VA.  I don't have to participate, but if I did I'd have more options for my health care.   Once 2016 hits and all the kids are in the system, the costs for people like me may go down, so I'll keep checking.
1999 Winnebago Adventurer 37G , Ford V-10
2006 Honda VTX 1300S

Hosted by Over The Network