new health care law and full timing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rsnyde11 said:
I know how mine will break down, mine ins base is 29k a year before anything is takeing away, by the time they get those done I will pay 11k a year for ins, now I only make 24k a year now that's just about half my gross income, now then I have my wife to pay for also, because of her disability her ins will 13k a year hmmm well now how do I live they will take every thing I make to pay for ins, this is a fact the way it is wrote as of now, lets just say I aint a happy camper.

You need qualified advice on your particular case.  Get yourselves about getting it now.  Start here:  https://www.healthcare.gov/   

thank you carl for the link, mine was done by a ins company, I did do a healthcare page to see what it said it was about 500 cheaper than the ins company, like it said also depends on family health background or at least the one I used does this, it depends on so much things and if you done fit the perfect health it goes up. so as your currant rates of who ever you have now and you stay with them the have right to raise you rates by I think 60 a mth to cover the cost of them having to cover anyone that comes to them sick or hurt from another ins company, my ins company had already offered to cover us at a good rate, however they also said when it all starts they will go up to almost double plus the extra fees they can charge that is wrote into the laws, the feds also said today that the middle to low income people that the rates were to drop by 2400 when in fact after reading all the bylaws and fees they will be able to charge us it goes up by 7400.

Check this link out, it will tell you what is involved and is NOT part of the government - it is Intuit the people who make Quicken, Quickbooks and Turbotax....answers most questions and tells you what you qualify for then if you can EVER get the government site to work maybe sign up for the plan best suited for you.

CLICK HERE!

I am considering changing my residency from Alaska to Nevada since under Nevada rules I would qualify for Medicaid and it would be free! May be worth the change since Alaska refused to modify their medicare program to comply with the new ACA rules.

Exploring all the ramifications of the change.....

Jim

Wigpro said:
Check this link out, it will tell you what is involved and is NOT part of the government - it is Intuit the people who make Quicken, Quickbooks and Turbotax....answers most questions and tells you what you qualify for then if you can EVER get the government site to work maybe sign up for the plan best suited for you.

CLICK HERE!

One problem I see with this site is that it does not take into account the different "rating areas" in the states.  I put in South Dakota and it didn't ask me what county I live in.  There are substantial premium differences between the counties.  You could come to erroneous conclusions using it.

We are being fined and we haven't even tried to log in, we just had to already be insured and recieved a 30% increase to support everyone else that never bothered to get insurance in the past.

Denny

I'm sorry but anyone who has a fine will be assessed on their 2014 tax return.  It is impossible for anyone to be claiming they have already been fined.

SCARE: Companies will lay people off or convert full time to part time to save on insurance cost

FACT: Some companies (Disney for example) are converting part time to FULL time due to savings they will enjoy under Obamacare

Scare: One senator hosted 4 familes who yammered about how much Obamacare would cost them.

Fact: One family lied, they would save money under Obamacare, the other 3 were parrots and had not even checked,, They too will save under obamacare.

SCAREL: This is not going to work and will cost the country billions.

Fact: The National Affordable Health Care, Health information and Patient Protection act is a combination of two laws.. The AHC part is based on the law in Ma. which was pushed through the MA legislature and signed by Romney no less.  The rest of the law (HIPPA) has been on the books for at least a decade (if not 2) and is does stink in my book, but it's already the law.. This is why it took Obama 3 years to get a birth certificate and then it was "Edited"  I have the identical problem. (Mother re-married, My birth name is not the one on my license).

In MA it is working, and it is saving money both for the state and the citizens.

So the folks (Mostly Republicans) who are preaching doom and gloom, KNOW IT WORKS.

I refuse to cooperate with the ACA rules on signing up. I will not give out all my personal information to big brother. I'll take the fine.

Fact: People on both sides have been lying. 

Fact: Neither party listens to or cares about the American people-they only care about pushing their parties agenda.

Fact: The news media is biased on both sides.

Fact: Because you can't trust the news media anymore or your political representatives, you have to do your own research to make an informed decision.

Fact: Most people don't want to take the time to do the research and will repeat whatever dogma their party is preaching.

Fact: Running for office is a popularity contest.

If the last two facts weren't true how do the same inept officials get reelected over and over.

We need a viable third party. The two party systems is not working. If we had a third party maybe government workers wouldn't have had a two week paid vacation. Maybe our parks would have remained open. Maybe we would have a balanced budget or any budget. Maybe Mitch McConnell wouldn't have been able to slip some pork into the final resolution.  Maybe Obama wouldn't be able to rewrite laws whenever it suits him.

People can say anything they want about what's true or not but I have the paperwork from my insurance company in front of me that compares my old policy and the one Obama Care dictates what my policy has to be. I'm not allowed to keep my old policy I have to go with the more expensive one mandated by the goverment to me this is a fine imposed by the goverment, I think it's called spreading the wealth around but some of us don't have it to spread around. We have been buying our own heath coverage for 33 years and doing just fine now it's putting it out of reach for the average person.

Denny

Oscar Mike said:
I refuse to cooperate with the ACA rules on signing up. I will not give out all my personal information to big brother. I'll take the fine.

The reason your personal information is being asked for is so that the ACA system can verify your identity and correlate it with the income data on record at the Social Security Administration (which is actually the agency that W-2's go to and which does official income verification).  By correlating your income data with your ACA application the system can calculate the subsidy, if any, that you are eligible for.

The government decided that since many of the people applying for ACA insurance will be eligible for subsidies it was better for them to see premium prices only after their subsidy was calculated and subtracted.  That way they wouldn't be scared off by high prices without realizing that they wouldn't have to pay them.

If you choose not to participate you may be costing yourself a lot of money since the only way you can obtain a subsidy is through an official ACA exchange.

pasayten12 said:
Yes, totally agree the previous reference was way off base.....the point of my question is .....I do care that I am totally responsible for my health care .....that is why I am paying $427 a month for my policy currently.....am not worried about the penalty as I have no intention of going without insurance.....would just like to use the new system to lower my premium
The outlandish scare tactics have been out there forever.....a shame people don't read the facts...just listen to rumor

The unfortunate thing is that the market place will not lower your premiums unless you qualify for subsidies.  Which most people with the resources to purchase a MH will not.

After 2016, when everyone is supposed to be covered or pay 2.5% of their AGI, most of the young people should have obtained HI, which should lower the premiums for those over 50.

99WinAdventurer37G said:
The unfortunate thing is that the market place will not lower your premiums unless you qualify for subsidies.  Which most people with the resources to purchase a MH will not.

I have no idea how you come to your conclusion.  The determining factor with respect to subsidies is the Adjusted Gross Income on your form 1040.  How much cash you have or how much you invested in your MH is irrelevant.  Sure, if you have income-producing investments that will affect your AGI but having equity in a home or in an RV will not.  People are eligible for subsidies until their income reaches 400% of the poverty level.  I know there are plenty of RVers who will qualify.

Regarding that story where the lady claimed it would cost her 9K a year to not sign up.

I figured it out... Yup, as many of you know I recently spent a week in the body shop (Hospital) getting some work done under the hood (Heart issues, it appears they fixed em)

Well.. I logged into the insurance company web site, my account, claims, and found out how much that visit cost the State of Michigan.. 9K is not far off.  Glad I have insurance (Blue Cross administers the plan but the State of Michigan is the actualy payor on the plan).. My share is 103.

Oscar Mike said:

Information like your Social Security number?  Your AGI as reported on your Form 1040?  Your current address, including ZIP code?

If so, I fear you are a bit late on that part.

docj said:
I have no idea how you come to your conclusion.  The determining factor with respect to subsidies is the Adjusted Gross Income on your form 1040.  How much cash you have or how much you invested in your MH is irrelevant.  Sure, if you have income-producing investments that will affect your AGI but having equity in a home or in an RV will not.  People are eligible for subsidies until their income reaches 400% of the poverty level.  I know there are plenty of RVers who will qualify.

Just from my own friends, and going to the web site.  Those I know with a MH make too much to qualify for subsidies, but I am blessed not to qualify.  You are right, there are folks that could decide to buy a MH That May qualify.  I would never buy a MH if I couldn't pay cash, but in this country I understand I'm in the minority. Just like I tell my friends, if I'm not paying taxes, I'm not operating at a profit, so I'd rather pay taxes.  Whether they use my taxes to pay for others does not bother me as much as not making enough money to have to pay taxes.

According to healthcare.gov my cost would be $7920 a year, and I don't qualify for subsidies, neither do any of my friends that have checked.  So I guess my time in the Navy paid off, because I have the VA.  I don't have to participate, but if I did I'd have more options for my health care.  Once 2016 hits and all the kids are in the system, the costs for people like me may go down, so I'll keep checking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom