Nancy's 5th anniversary present

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Many of you know that my wife Nancy has a rare and extremely aggressive type of cancer, called IBC for short. She was diagnosed  5 years ago and the odds of her surviving that long were down in the 30% range. Well, she's still with us and doing quite well, so we decided to celebrate by getting her a new car. It's a 2013 Buick Verano, a small but elegant sedan that is quite economical on fuel. She's thrilled, and I'm hoping I'll be allowed to drive it once in awhile!

Attachments

• Verano White Diamond Tricoat (Small).jpg
    Verano White Diamond Tricoat (Small).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Verano Choccachino leather (Small).jpg
    Verano Choccachino leather (Small).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 76
Congratulations Nancy, on both counts!

It's 25 years since Chris came home in tears saying "the Doctor told me I'm going to die". She's had two new cars since then. I'm a firm believer that attitude is a major factor in Chris overcoming the issue and beating the odds, and I suspect it's a factor for Nancy also.

What great news to start the day!  Congratulations to Nancy on her victory.

Awesome!  As someone who has experience with family members and cancer, this is really good news.  You take whatever the good man upstairs gives us and you appreciate every day on this earth!  Hope she enjoys her new hoopty! 

Congrats to both of you.  Methinks the power of a strong spouse is at least as important as the power of a positive attitude.  Cheers.  ...  Steve

Great news. 30% isn't bad odds so long as you're in the 30%. Here's to another 5 years and another new car.

Wendy

Nancy is my hero!  She's a real scrapper when it comes to fighting the ugly C.  Congrats, Nancy!

Margi

Congratulations, a real achievement for Nancy, her support by spouse and family and her DR's.  Best wishes for continued success in the battle.

Congratulations Nancy, and don't let Gary drive that car until he gets you the new 2020 replacement.

What a perfect way to treat yourselves!  Celebrations are so  therapeutic!  Congrats on all counts.

Thanks, everyone. We've been wanting to get a second car for some time, but were hesitant because, frankly, we might not have two drivers to use them both. Finally decided that the odds had improved enough to justify buying one.

Our 2007 Acadia is still in great shape, so we will keep that as our toad and "big car", but expect to drive the Verano most of the time while at home in Florida. The mpg is over 50% better than the Acadia, so that will be a welcome change at the gas pump.

Gary & Nancy

Congratulations to Nancy, Jolene and I really understand, when our kids were just barely in school she was diagnosed with a malignant melanoma, she was afraid she wouldn't see them grow up, she licked that one, then about 15 years ago she was diagnosed with beast cancer and kicked that, then just over 3 years ago it came back and she is once again cancer free!  So, celebrating Nancy's victory is as sweet as our own. 

What a wonderful event.  I'm sure she loves it and deserves it.  Give her a big hug for Shirley and I. 

It has been 13 years since my prostate cancer. 

Back
Top Bottom