TT mobile station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cavalry6869

Should be picking up my new to me TT, 2006 Rockwood 8296SS, next week.  It will be replacing my previous 2002 Aerostar A30R.  This one has a rear ladder and might be a good place for an HF antenna like my Lil Tarheel screwdriver.  Anybody doing something like that already?  Kinda interested in mounting used.  Thinking that a mirror mount with longer screws might work.  I would probably use my Yaesu FT-897 for the radio.  Ed in Westminster, MD

Scratch the question.  The 8296SS turned out to be a huge leaker and we bought a Rockwood 8315SS that doesn't have a ladder.  Construction of some kind of antenna mount for operating at the parks will occur in the Spring.

cavalry6869 said:
Scratch the question.  The 8296SS turned out to be a huge leaker and we bought a Rockwood 8315SS that doesn't have a ladder.  Construction of some kind of antenna mount for operating at the parks will occur in the Spring.

Tarheel used to have a very nice motor driven mount that you operated remotely.  Pricey but their stuff is good.  It was not strong enough for my 23' Shakespeare Marine antenna so I had one made at the local U as a project for a student.  Works great.  I don't have a complete set of drawings though.

Hi Jim,  I used to run a Lil Tarheel on my Jeep Cherokee.  Worked great for all my contacts mobile.  This 8315SS does not have the optional rear ladder so I guess I will be using my Outpost/Outbacker for any contacts made while camping.  One of these days I will get the big Outbacker for it but for now I use the OB-8 300 watt version. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom