Winnebago Access and Itasca Impluse - Generators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVDan

Winnebago for some reason made the Onan Generators standard on the 2012, 2013, and now the 2014 models. I camp a lot and normally always at campgrounds that have electricity so a $2,000 generator is not an option I wanted plus I would rather use the 200 pounds of dead weight to carry other stuff like golf clubs, etc. and keep below the CCC. I camped for 3 days at a northern Wisconsin state park that has only limited electric sites just on my two coach batteries and inverter and watched movies every night with no problem.

I purchased a new 2011 Impulse 26QP and did not order the then optional generator since they are prohibited at most campgrounds (KOA's, state parks and even certain hours at the Winnebago GNR.)

I purchased a new 2013 Winnebago Access 31WP and I was able to get a $2,000 credit from the factory to delete the generator, however, you have to place a new order to do that since the ones on the dealer lots already have it installed. I also discovered that some dealers may not have the ability to get the credit. The Iowa Winnebago dealer could get a  factory change order for an additional $100 to not install the generator but no price adjustment for no generator ?!?!?.  The Winnebago dealer in Minnesota was able to get a $2000 factory discount to delete the generator. Must depend on the clout a dealer has if you can get the the credit.

Eventually I will have a box fabricated to convert the empty generator space to additional storage. That is what I did on my Impulse.

-Dan

Back
Top Bottom