Smog due while traveling in Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XOSSE

Does anybody know how to solve the problem of registration in California when smog check is due and you are 2000 miles south of the border traveling in Mexico?

Thanks

Jose Barradas

From the CA  DMV site:
http://dmv.ca.gov/online/vrir/faqsmog.htm.

Vehicles registered in areas subject to the biennial smog certification program are required to submit evidence of a smog certification every other renewal period. Owners of vehicles six or less model years old will pay an annual smog abatement fee for the first six registration years instead of being required to provide a biennial smog certification. The registration renewal notice mailed to you by the department will indicate if a smog certification is required. If a smog certification is required and you have not had a smog inspection, you may still pay your registration fees to avoid any late fees. However, you will not receive your new registration or year sticker until the smog information has been received by DMV.  [Bold emphasis mine]

If I were you, I would pay up before due and get your vehicle smogged the day you return home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom