Winterization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJW

I just winterized my 33C, charged the batteries, tested them with a hydrometer, topped them up with distilled water and charged them again. They will probably be inactive for about 6 months and could be exposed to temperatures as low as -40 F during this time. I plan on plugging the coach in for a couple of days a month while it is stored. It probably will be started during this time as well. The circuits in the coach will be turned off. Is this sufficient or is there something else I should do? Is it recommended to remove the batteries and storing them inside?

For the conditions you suggest, it would be better to remove the batteries and take them home, perhaps connected to a trickle charger to maintain them.

Agree with the battery maintenance suggestions ... and starting the engine is not recommended unless you will drive the coach for at least 30 minutes to get it to operating temps.

My fair grounds lets me use my battery tender for my camping batterys and I pull the start battery and charge it every month in my garage. Will the battery tender service both camper batterys or charge them or is it two much for the battery tender to handle both batterys in a series hook up.

What model do you have? The Junior has a capacity of .75 amps and the Plus 1.25 amps. If you disconnect the batteries from any thing else in the motor home and start with fully charged batteries either one may maintain them over the winter, but you would be better off with the Plus. Do you have a 3 stage converter? If you do, you would be better off using it and leaving every thing connected.

Back
Top Bottom