This is too funny - some proofreading was needed (RV park regs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
We're at a KOA in Grants, NM which is a bit of an oddity for us since KOAs are so expensive and we avoid them like the plague but - this one will deliver a home cooked dinner to your unit.  We were here a couple of years ago and liked it so Jane gets a cook's night off tonight.

Anyway, I was looking through their snazzy multi-page booklet (something I rarely do at campgrounds) and noticed the following rule:

"Open campfires, fireworks and firearms may be set off inside your RV or tent only!"

Not having any fireworks handy I asked Jane if she wanted to do a little target practice inside the coach and she begged off that idea.  Darn.  I suppose we could buy some firewood and have a campfire on the tile floor but I don't like the smoke.

A clever bit of advertising.  Almost (or better) as good as "no shoes, no shirt, no service.

The KAO between Artesia, NM and Carlsbad (where they keep the caverns) used to deliver BBQ dinner to your door and they probably still do.  Don't miss the caverns if you are going in that direction.  Very damp and humid inside.  Rent one of the little device that describes everything as you go through.  It really adds to the experience.

An acquaintance accidentally fired a 12 ga inside his tent, the neighbors got perturbed. They might want to rethink that rule.

Visited the Carlsbad Caverns several years age. Well worth the time. We walked down and then took the elevator back to the top.

Frank

Did you see the post from the couple wanting to know about how to get a dentist 'appointment' in a new town, but the writer, expressing his biggest concern, said he was afraid he wouldn't be around long enough to get a good 'opponent' to do his cleaning.

John Canfield said:
"Open campfires, fireworks and firearms may be set off inside your RV or tent only!"

Hi John and all,

Did they have a disclaimer not responcible for accidents  ;D  There are probably a few people out there that are a little short on what a joke is, and what they were really saying. Best!

Stayed at the KOA in Missouri that is closest to Meramec Caverns, Stanton, MO. We were coming home from trading our Endeavor in for the new to us Beaver. No reservation, just pulled in about dinner time and the host said he was cooking barbequed spare ribs, and would deliver two complete dinners for $15.00 apiece, including a full slab on each, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, and beans.

We only stayed the one night, but it was a great experience. The food was good. The site was good. Price was good.

Stan

Oh that's funny!  That will stifle some horseplay. Maybe add that you can only ride your horse inside your RV or tent, too???

Back
Top Bottom