Defacing Goblin Valley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having visited Goblin Valley, I'm speechless.

Have you their explanation ? They claim they were afraid the rock would fall onto some kid. Idiots who claim to be scout leaders.

It is a unique place, but they let the public run loose and unsupervised so it was only a matter of time, I suppose.  When we were there I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have due to the kids running around and climbing on the rock structures.

Wendy, their "explanation" is belied by their laughter.

What an imbecilic atrocious act.  My Eagle Scout husband was horrified by the video!

First of all I am also an Eagle scout from 1963. This is NOT something scouting teaches to do. Scouting is to teach taking care of nature and leaving things as they are. I do hope there is a stiff fine as well as some jail time as well as lots of community service and they need to be removed from all dealings with the scouting program.

I saw this this morning I am still shaking my head what a bunch of morons. I wonder if they were also showing kids how to spray graffiti?

I hope they spend time in jail as felons, are fined, and are ostracized by the Boy Scouts.  Girl Scouts certainly are never taught to destroy natural formations and I'm sure Boy Scouts aren't either.  They were having too much fun to be doing it to "save" anyone from getting hurt.  I love Goblin Valley and can't believe someone would be so stupid!

ArdraF
Girl Scout for eight years

What a bunch of idiots.  I was a Scout Leader with my son and I would NEVER even THINK about doing something this stupid.  They should pay a hefty fine and be banned from all State and Federal Parks for life!  :mad:

mnmnutswer said:
First of all I am also an Eagle scout from 1963. This is NOT something scouting teaches to do. Scouting is to teach taking care of nature and leaving things as they are. I do hope there is a stiff fine as well as some jail time as well as lots of community service and they need to be removed from all dealings with the scouting program.

Tom was awarded his Eagle in 1949.  We're old.  ;D  I hope the BSA administration crucifies these guys!  I also hope whatever law enforcement agency  has jurisdiction over the Goblin Valley Park throws their own book at them as well.

Eagle Scout 1950. Cub Master for 4 yrs. Scout Master for 3 years. These guys wouldn't have lasted long, back then. So gross I am at a loss for words. I am embarrassed.

Picking up an eagle feather in Voyaguers Nal'l Park carries a hefty fine.  I really can't even come up with the punishment that these idiots deserve.

They are just idiots. For defacing the rock and then taping it. You can see how hard it was for him to get that stone to fall. They are just idiots who do not deserve to be scout leaders and need to pay for what they done. Then they come up with this stupid story how they were saving some kids life. That stone was not about to fall and hurt anyone. They should be fined$$$. They were teaching the kids that it is fun to deface nature beauty. I also saw this on the news. They are not scout leaders and do give the scout leaders a bad name. My two cents!!

I could give you my opinion of what they did, but alas. No need to melt your monitor.

I do hope they are properly charged, found responsible and fined.. Enough to keep them out of beer for the rest of their lives.

' Enough to keep them out of beer for the rest of their lives' That probably had a lot to do with it. ::)

Seems the moron has also been claiming disability for a bad back  :eek:
http://news.yahoo.com/man-toppled-ancient-rock-suing-disability-183757302--abc-news-topstories.html
he might try brain damage now ;)

A moron is a moron is a moron. If he's suffering "great pain" what is he doing hiking around Goblin Valley ?

Back
Top Bottom