Yellowstone September 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cabbie

Next year both my kids will be out high school and since the college they both plan to go to doesn't normally start until the last week in September, my wife and I have a chance to do something we haven't been able to do in 14 years. Take a vacation off season.

We're talking about Yellowstone, it's been five or six years since we've been there and at that time it was in August. For those of you who've bee there in September, whats it like that time of year, what should I be careful of??

Cabbie,

If you don't get any responses, try using the Search function above looking for Yellowstone. There have been a number of recent discussions on this topic that might help.

If we were going to plan to visit Yellowstone we would plan to go in September.  It can be cool then but IMHO it is the best time of the year to visit.  I would plan on parking outside of the park and making day trips in.  Cody has a lot to offer and a visit to the buffalo bill museum is a good thing.  If you like fishing there are some places on the North side and of course there is always West Yellowstone.  Likely the later in September the cooler it might be.  The last time we visited Yellowstone was in Sept and had nice warm weather during that visit.  I would say go for it and enjoy.

Cabbie said:
Next year both my kids will be out high school and since the college they both plan to go to doesn't normally start until the last week in September, my wife and I have a chance to do something we haven't been able to do in 14 years. Take a vacation off season.

We're talking about Yellowstone, it's been five or six years since we've been there and at that time it was in August. For those of you who've bee there in September, whats it like that time of year, what should I be careful of??

It's a wonderful time of year iin Yellowstone. The Elk come down into Mammoth for rut season and stay warm near the hot springs. Roosevelt will be closed on Labor Day and some other service areas will close at various times of month but it won't affect your viewing. Snow is likely at times but again won't affect you much. You might want to look at joing the Yellowstone Association who do tours and have other activites - a numbe rof good ones in September.

Back
Top Bottom