An RV redo and roof repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DCLyle

Hello All,

Hubby and I decided to quit the rat race and buy a 1997 Cardinal by Forest River. Needless to say we are new to the RV world and have run into some snags. On day 2 of ownership I went on the roof to do some inspecting and found not one, but 2 soft spots. YAY! I did some research and bought materials, so we start in the AM. Any advice on the process? I have 4 sheets of decking to replace and about 16 foot of membrane to lay. has anyone else done a 1/2 roof replace before?

I have done some work on the inside to make my home feel more like home. I started a blog and hope you check it out.

Thanks for reading
Danielle from Texas
Edit: Link in signature line.

Several people here have done that. Not rocket science, just drudge work. Hopefully they will respond to you.

There are also some roof repair articles in the forum Library. Here is one by Bob Flight:
http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/RV_re-roof.pdf

Thank you.. It decided it wanted to start raining today, and I checked the weather.. Errrrr! Apparently it is just today, so I will wait. I am replacing the decking back to 1/4' because Im not doing the whole roof and I didn't want bulges at the seams, but I went with plywood instead of pressed board. I will post progress.

Back
Top Bottom