ID cell phone antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parmm

Have a cell phone antenna on top of the rig, but no idea of who makes it or anything about it.  At least I think it is a cell phone antenna.  It connects with a 1/8" threated stud opening.  The coax connection on inside is a BNC connector.  Was thinking I could connect my Wilson Sleek to this, or adapt it to a center loaded Wilson Cell phone antenna.  But don't know about the 1/8" stud opening.  The opening on  my Wilson Sleek optional magnetic mount antenna is even smaller  Anybody have any ideas what this antenna is for???  It measures 12 and 7/8" from the bottom to the tip. Includes the screw in base.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 50
it looks like a dual band cell antenna to me.  I had one just like it but removed it for my Ham antenna, VHF/UHF.  It should work OK IF the BNC connector is what is needed for the Sleek.  There are many adapters available if you need one.  The problem is finding the one you need as few places stock them anymore.

Jim Godward said:
I had one just like it but removed it for my Ham antenna, VHF/UHF.
Beginning to think of going that route.  But problem is, finding a 2 meter whip that fits that 1/8" stud.

docj said:
The Wilson Sleek has a female SMA antenna connector.  You can buy a BNC/SMA adapter here: http://www.amazon.com/HOD-SMA-870-SMA-BNC-Adapter/dp/B0048104T4
I was actually hoping to remove the top of the optional Sleek whip from the magnetic base and install it on the stud mount on the motorhome, but the stud is to big for the optional Sleek antenna.  Would offer better gain and get me on top of the coach.  Guess I will end up using the Sleek rubber ducky suction cup mount on the inside windshield and use the optional whip on the toad.  And that two band VHF, well there is always the 2 meter band or a scanner.

i believe the antenna in the photo above requires a ground plane but Wilson does offer a RV/Trucker Antenna that includes its own. The magnetic base of the sleek is supposed to be placed on at least a 5" diameter metal plane.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom