Tire sensors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BernieD said:
John In Detroit said:
Method 4, should they choose to invent it, is to automatically inflate tires in need Possible, but is it practical?

J
Couldn't find it's name or website. It was being displayed at the FMCA Indio rally last January. A friend has the system and sells them. I can get you his email address, but it is expensive and butt ugle.

NO, rotating air pressure seals do not interest me all that much... I plan on going a different router, Sensors and a portable air compressor and my Onan Emerald Generator... If the sensor says "Add Air" i got a lot of air I can add at the push of a button and the plug of a cord, and if I do things the way I suspect I will... The  button will already be pushed  (Generator start)

Speaking of generators... My house (You know, that stick built contraption that sits on a concrete and block foundation and can't easily go down the road where some folks choose to live, man made cave) Well it now has an Emergency Power panel which can quickly switch essential services (Heat, Fridge, Freezer and a few lights) from the Power company to a generator, The "inlet" is located outside near the service inlet,  Hooked it up yesterday for circuit indentification and when I went to start the generator it would not go.  Checked the fuel valve (on) ignition (on) oil (Good) Gas Tank (empty) refilled last, pulled rope one time and Put-Put-Put -POWER

Another option on refilling air is the CO2 tanks favored by offroad vehicles.  10# tank will do a big jeep tire something like 60 times.  Topping off RV tires, should be way more.  Small, easy to carry, cheap to refill.  Run about $200.  I am looking at getting one for going offroad with the camper in my truck.  Easier than a big generator, faster than those 12v jobs and less expensive than the permanent mount types. 

I am looking on the Pressure Pro web site.  Looks like what I would need is the 10 wheel RV system at $690.  It is not clear to me whether this comes with or without the individual tire sensors.  If with, it looks like a good buy to me.

Ohhhh!? This is starting to look like a must have!

I assume since this is radio controlled, the installation is nothing more than screwing in the sensors and placing the control unit in the dash area?

Smoky said:
Ohhhh!  This is starting to look like a must have!

I assume since this is radio controlled, the installation is nothing more than screwing in the sensors and placing the control unit in the dash area?

Yes, but dependent upon your MH length and design - you may have to install the optional antenna ($39) in order to reach your toad.

Smoky said:
Ohhhh!  This is starting to look like a must have!

Smoky

That is correct. By the way, I have sent you 2 private emails over the last 2 days and haven't heard back from you. You may not have noticed. Check the top line on the page next to your icon, it should have the number of new (private) messages to you.

Check the top line on the page next to your icon, it should have the number of new (private) messages to you.

Bernie, PMFJI it might just be that Smoky has the header collapsed, in which case he won't see that information. If that's the case Smoky, all you need do is click the down arrow to the left of the toolbar.

Tom said:
Check the top line on the page next to your icon, it should have the number of new (private) messages to you.

Bernie, PMFJI it might just be that Smoky has the header collapsed, in which case he won't see that information. If that's the case Smoky, all you need do is click the down arrow to the left of the toolbar.

Thanks Tom, I also have the send email notification checked, so I get to read all of your PMs before I get to the Forum ;D :D ;D :D

Another option on refilling air is the CO2 tanks favored by offroad vehicles.

I sent an email to Goodyear and asked them about CO2 for tires. Their reply was they didn't have any data on whether it was good or bad, but did send a PDF document about using nitrogen in tires. You may find this helpful.

Attachments

• Document.pdf
    151.6 KB · Views: 10
Smoky said:
Where in the world can I go to fill er up with nitro?

And where will you get nitrogen to top off a low tire on the road?  Stick with known, good, dry air such as from your onboard air system.

Ned said:
Smoky said:
Where in the world can I go to fill er up with nitro?

And where will you get nitrogen to top off a low tire on the road?? Stick with known, good, dry air such as from your onboard air system.

Well lets see one could always carry a 200 lb bottle of compressed nitrogen.  Hmmmm, I like Neds advice better.  ;D ;D ;D

Ron and Ned:

How do I tap into my air system for a supply of air?  As you know I elected NOT to go the M&G route for brakes.  Maybe Spartan does not mind an air tap?  Is this a do it yourself, or does it require professional installation.

I had been planning to bring my air compressor and sure would like to save the space and weight.

On our Freightliner chassis, there is a 6 port manifold on the firewall.? One port is used for the air horns and the others are available for other applications.? I have attached a quick connect fitting and a 50' air hose to one port and use that for my tires.? I don't know where, or if, Spartan puts such a manifold.

This is NOT a tap into the air brake lines.

Back
Top Bottom