What is this part and where to find it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IrishBrewer

I'm looking for a part for the fold-up door on my 1997 Camplite popup.  The part is for the portion of the door that folds up and attaches to the roof.

When setting up the upper part of the door and frame, it swings down to a vertical position and the hinge at the top has to be latched to lock it in the vertical position.  It locks in place using two oblong shaped latches that fit through holes in the hinge.  You rotate the latches 90 degrees to lock the hinge.  One of these latches is pretty bent up and it is a pain to use.

So, my question is, what is this part called and where do you find them?  Is this something that a typical RV store will have in stock or will I have to get it via mail-order/online?

Thanks in advance.

~Irish~

Hi Irish,

You should be able to get those latches from any dealership that handles the type popup you have. What is the manufacturer?? I work part time for a dealership that handles Viking. If you can't find the part I will check with them to see if it is the same.

It is a Camplite which was made by Damon.  I don't think they are still being made under that name but as far as I know, Damon is still around.

IrishBrewer said:
It is a Camplite which was made by Damon.  I don't think they are still being made under that name but as far as I know, Damon is still around.

Yes, Damon is still around but probably won't have the parts. Is the latch plastic with one end slightly raised? Hard to try to explain in a message. We have Viking popups which use a similar latch. I'd go to the nearest popup dealer and see if they can match what you have. I doubt they are that much different. Even so you could probably adapt the newer latch.

Back
Top Bottom