Driving Across the Country from Iowa to California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Hi All,
I just wanted to give those of you who helped me plan this trip an update.  We left Des Moines on Wednesday heading west on Interstate 80...so far so good!  We haven't had any bad weather, the roads have been clear and traffic light.  We will arrive in Reno tonight, spend the night and hit California tomorrow.  I've checked Donner Summit and as of now, it's clear and open.

No snow over Donner Pass and no rain here in Sacramento forecasted for the next week.  Watched the news last night and now they're begining to wonder if it's going to be a dry winter.

You got lucky on this trip......enjoy.  By the way, if you have kids with you, you're going to pass right by the world's largest corn maze in Dixon, Calif.  http://www.travelchannel.com/video/californias-45-acre-corn-maze 

Oh how funny...we just went to a corn maze in Iowa before we left and little did we know...we'd find one near home!!

We've had a great trip, even taking our time but still driving 500+ miles per day ;D...We like to leave early around 6 and stop around 3-4.  Worked great with no traffic, and we were still able to keep it around 60-65 max!!!

It feels good to be back in California, I forgot how beautiful and WARM it really is!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pearl Constance de_la She
Back
Top Bottom