2013 ford fusion hybrid battery problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billy blue

Battery on toad goes dead when towed 6 or more hours.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Ford dealer says Ford knows of the problem but hasn't offered a fix.  Spoke to a traveler towing a Ford Edge who has same issue.  No resolve.  Help appreciated.

I use a  12 volt lead from the 7 point MH plug to the battery of the toad to keep it charged. Fused at the battery too.

As Ditto said, It is an easy fix. The plug on the rv is set up to do this for you. Your coach will keep the Toad charged up and no more worries.

I have the C-Max Energi and the same thing would happen with it too. I called Ford and asked about having a charge line installed and they suggested that we put it on a tow dolly so we wouldn't have to worry about that. So that is what we plan to do. I really didn't want to mess too  much with the wiring in this car.

As I indicated above this is a very easy fix...add a wire from your battery (fused) to a cigar lighter 12volt plug and use this (Bully TC-182 12V Trailer Adapter) AMAZON has it...EASY FIX

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom