EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: '88 Suncrest Lakeview . . . before Internet!!  (Read 784 times)

Hymnsinger

• ---
  • Montana Bound!!
'88 Suncrest Lakeview . . . before Internet!!
« on: October 26, 2013, 12:48:44 AM »
My son Robert is disabled and I need to know the best way to integrate his electronic needs in a motorcoach from the BI (before Internet) era. I have a smartphone with hotspot capability and my laptop will work most anywhere, but Robert has a desk top computer and an X-Box/TV combination. He is a major "gamer," and his entire social existence is online. It is vital that in the coming months of being fulltimers that I maintain the links that he has with his friends. In order to use his X-Box Live account, he needs a MINIMUM of 11 MBPS download speed and at least 1 MPBS upload speed. Can Hughesnet deliver these speeds? Mi-Fi? Wi-Fi?

What will we need in the way of an inverter to support these electronics?  Does anyone here have any recommendations?

We will also need to install our TV with HDMI, a new AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo, a rear TV camera & monitor, etc. Any and all suggestions and advise is welcomed and appreciated!!

Tracey

captsteve

• ---
  • measure with a micrometer, cut with a chainsaw!
Re: '88 Suncrest Lakeview . . . before Internet!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 12:55:39 AM »
Use the search function ( button in the menu bar) You will find lots of info on internet on the road. But you will find that for faster speeds it's not cheap.

There are a lot of people on here that are tech types that will be able to give you specific info.
Capt Steve has the Conn, Trina navigator ( Admiral )
2004 American Revolution 40c (aka Fat Girl) **Sold**
2017 Ram 1500 (Future Toad)
Piper Archer II  (Where the RV money goes)

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 06:52:15 AM »
You will only get that kind of speed from a 4G LTE device and then only in some areas, but I suspect the amount of data your son needs will be greater than you can get with cellular at any reasonable cost.  Satellite internet will be only about 1Mbps or a bit better down, and 200kbps up, and the latency makes it unsuitable for gaming anyway. 
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Hymnsinger

• ---
  • Montana Bound!!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »
Thanks Ned, I suspected as much. The best I can do for the live gaming is to get him hardwired from time to time. He'll have to happy with that. It;s not forever, after all!

Hosted by Over The Network