'88 Suncrest Lakeview . . . before Internet!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hymnsinger

My son Robert is disabled and I need to know the best way to integrate his electronic needs in a motorcoach from the BI (before Internet) era. I have a smartphone with hotspot capability and my laptop will work most anywhere, but Robert has a desk top computer and an X-Box/TV combination. He is a major "gamer," and his entire social existence is online. It is vital that in the coming months of being fulltimers that I maintain the links that he has with his friends. In order to use his X-Box Live account, he needs a MINIMUM of 11 MBPS download speed and at least 1 MPBS upload speed. Can Hughesnet deliver these speeds? Mi-Fi? Wi-Fi?

What will we need in the way of an inverter to support these electronics?  Does anyone here have any recommendations?

We will also need to install our TV with HDMI, a new AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo, a rear TV camera & monitor, etc. Any and all suggestions and advise is welcomed and appreciated!!

Tracey

Use the search function ( button in the menu bar) You will find lots of info on internet on the road. But you will find that for faster speeds it's not cheap.

There are a lot of people on here that are tech types that will be able to give you specific info.

You will only get that kind of speed from a 4G LTE device and then only in some areas, but I suspect the amount of data your son needs will be greater than you can get with cellular at any reasonable cost.  Satellite internet will be only about 1Mbps or a bit better down, and 200kbps up, and the latency makes it unsuitable for gaming anyway. 

Thanks Ned, I suspected as much. The best I can do for the live gaming is to get him hardwired from time to time. He'll have to happy with that. It;s not forever, after all!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom