Help Request in Swapping a Power Converter on 2002 Coleman Utah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloppup

Hi. I'm new to RVing and new to this site.  I'm in the process of swapping out a suspect power conveter on my 2002 Coleman Utah pop up.  I've replaced the old Centurion 3000 with a WFCO 8735P.  Everything works fine on 110 V AC shore power, but when I go to battery only, nothing.  I checked the battery, and it's producing 12.49 volts at the lugs.  I checked for shorts to ground on the black 10 gauge wire from the battery to the convert, and found none.  Any thoughts?  Karl

If that 12.49V was measured with the convert on, then you probably do not have the battery connected. Try measuring the voltage at the output of the converter. It will probably be more like 13.5V. Some place in between there must be either a loose connection, or a disconnect switch, or a blown (inline) fuse.

Joel

Thanks Joel, I'll measure the outputs again, this time making sure the battery was connected.  Now, to pop up the pop up, uhg.

Hooked up, installed ALL required fuses, and the thing worked.  Fuse #1 was missing, duh  ::).  In my defense, the fuses are inset and the unit is on floor level.  This hides the top fuse from view in most positions, except with your head about two feet from the floor.

There is a song.. "The Designer"  I think the author is Dr. Jordan Karr but I'm not sure.  Fits with some other stuff of his though.  he is a genuine Rocket Scientest (Designs rockets).  Alas I could not easily find it with some quick web searches...  The last line

"Success at last, I've designed a part that can't even be cast"

I think there is competition at the manufactures to see how good a job they can do of making it hard/impossible to service the blasted thins.  Hidden fuses. Hard to reach spots. and so on.

Do your self a favor and get a Progressive Dynamics, WAFCO has a reputation for poor quality, made in China. PD made in the US.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom