What is you favorite RV accessory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ditto on the clear title! 

However, our new Sat radio is pretty cool. 

The Slide out freezer in the bay is fantastic.

Outside a toad, 2000 Jeep Wrangler with Ready Brute Elite.  Inside Sirius radio.

A Hitch-Ball finder mirror.
http://www.adventurerv.net/telescopic-hitch-ball-finder-p-9635.html?utm_campaign=partsfeed_ppc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Froogle&gclid=CPjY05GrvLoCFStp7Aod40IALA

and beer.

No, wait. Beer is not an accessory. It's on the minimum equipment list.

You'll find that if you do this long enough there will always be something new to accessorize with.  The amount of money that we spend to personalize our rigs would scare us to death if we added it all up.  Things like the clear sewer connection to LED lighting can make our lives on the road just a little less trouble and give us more time to enjoy some of the things on the "minimum equipment list", i.e. beer.

Currently my wifes favorite is the reverse osmosis drinking water system I installed about a year ago, no more gallon jugs of water from the grocery store.  Does it pay for itself?? Maybe, maybe not but it sure is convenient.

I personally tend to gravitate towards the things that can extend our boondocking stays when we choose to go off the grid.  Dual batteries, inverter, LED's and of course the Honda 2000.

Wine opener.  No, wait, that's like beer.

So far my favorite is the Honda 2000i.  It's whisper quiet and really removes the concern about running out of power when we're boondocking.  But this thread is giving me ideas...

After spending about 8 or 9 full time years in 4 different rigs (Class A, TT, 5thW, & Class C), I finally settled in my current Class A - and decided what I had wanted in what I consider my final RV. Here are items that I would no long want to do without as a full time RVer:

1. Leveling Jacks.

2. Rear mirror camera.

3. At least one slide.

4. A dining table and chairs.

5. Adjustable side mirrors from the cockpit.

As to what I have added as an accessory - would have to be a gallon of Windex from Sam's to refill the squirt bottle. This is the first accessory one should buy after buying their first RV, IMO. The second item is a can of WD-40 on that same trip to Sam's.

Jeff said:
Bob

Rear camera?

OOPs -- Thanks, Jeff. All of my rigs or trucks have had rear view mirrors.  :)  That's actually something I like on my Adventurer in that I "can" see out the back window from the cockpit - unless the bedroom door is closed. However, the camera wide angle view I would never want to be without anymore.

carson said:
Bob, don't forget a roll of duct tape.

Good thought, Carson. Plus I also have Gorilla tape now and some baling wire. Over the years gave always found the need to temporarily holding something together.  :)

I grew up in central Kentucky - and rode hay balers all during the blue grass stripping season - but never thought I would every be using that wire in an RV. Actually, had never heard of an RV.

fireplace
laminate flooring
granite counter tops in kitchen and bathroom
ceiling fan in bedroom
extra shelves in some cabinets
island for kitchen
extra holes in window frames so have more adjustment for window opening
never done adding something!!

This is a fabulous idea for a post.

My favorite RV accessory is my co-pilot. He doesn't drive, is a horrible navigator, often sleeps the entire drive but his boundless enthusiasm and constant companionship has enabled me to go far and wide (often getting lost.) OK, maybe my 6 pound mutt (or monkey) doesn't really qualify as an RV accessory.

Alternatively, my favorite RV accessory is my compact washing machine (wash, rinse, spin) that fits nicely in my little old 28 foot Class C. That was the best $250 I ever spent. For 3 years I've had clean clothes, towels, sheets, rugs and doggy bed without the hassles of a crowded laundry room.

Given that many of the far flung parks I go to have no laundry room at all, this has been a huge time and money saver for me.

Compact washer
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KXMT4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0002KXMT4&linkCode=as2&tag=recreationalvehicles-20

Attachments

• my co pilot.jpg
    my co pilot.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 61
  • compact washer.jpg
    compact washer.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 45
Interesting, how well does it do the spin cycle?  Have you had any CG issues with hanging laundry out to dry?  I have seen some places that ban clotheslines.  Our tub has a skylight over it, and with the glass enclosure, it is a great place to hang a few shirts to dry. 

Back to RV accessories, just received and set up our new GPS!  RV specific, more on the use later.

Tara (Hopefully, she'd say the same)
Don't need no corkscrew since I discovered good wine comes in boxes ;D
Upgrade to diesel pusher - may not be an accessory, but surely an option!

Ernie

PancakeBill said:
Interesting, how well does it do the spin cycle?  Have you had any CG issues with hanging laundry out to dry?  I have seen some places that ban clotheslines.  Our tub has a skylight over it, and with the glass enclosure, it is a great place to hang a few shirts to dry. 

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I started a new thread and answered your questions.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,69566.0.html

My favorite accessory is a ginormous electric toaster oven with rotisserie. I can bake a loaf of bread or a large chicken in it, etc. It saves on propane use. I love to slow cook roasts, and am less than thrilled with the abilities of my trailer's propane oven, so this has saved me tons of frustration. It even has a covered tray on the top that I can bake potatoes in while the chicken's cooking.

I'm parked permanently and hooked up to shore power. Obviously, this is not an accessory you could use when boondocking but it sure is nice if power isn't an issue.

It was an eBay purchase -- I love eBay.

edit: fixed link.  - LS

ljcygnet said:
am less than thrilled with the abilities of my trailer's propane oven

Years ago someone advised us to get a "pizza stone" and set it below the rack in the oven to stabilize the heat from the burner.  We never have gotten the pizza stone but we did put an insulated tray in the oven about the size of a cookie sheet.  The oven now works just about as good as the one at home other than the fact that our home oven is literally big enough to put the RV oven inside of it.  When ever my wife feels that my weight is getting too low she'll bake a cake or a batch of cookies so I can fluff back up, the oven works great.

The steady-fast stabilizer. Only problem is,since the trailer ain't rockin' people come knockin' ;D

Back
Top Bottom