Price of gas this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just talked to Mom in central Oregon....$3.05 in Bend. So far, looks like central Washington wins.

I guess if you have mountains or an ocean or great weather you have to pay more for gas.  But normally when we come into a holiday weekend the price goes up ... this time for much of the country the price came down???

wendycoke said:
Just talked to Mom in central Oregon....$3.05 in Bend. So far, looks like central Washington wins.

Wendy,
Southeast Alaska, Haines was $3.58 per gallon for diesel? on 9/1/06? does that win because we still have to go so many miles and through Canada where it is even more!
Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Southeast Alaska, Haines was $3.58 per gallon for diesel? on 9/1/06? does that win because we still have to go so many miles and through Canada where it is even more!
Betty

Ok, Betty, you win....although not a contest you'd really want to win is it?? :)

Later on 9/1, I found deisel to be $3.85 in Skagway!

Today, 9/3, it is Can$ 1.17/L on the alkan, SE of Whitehorse.

Diesel has been $3.40 to $3.50 all the way from Spokane Wash to Bend Oregon.  OUCH!

In Spokane I thought I hit gold when Safeway offered a 10 cent discount for $50 worth of groceries.  I figured I would use that for the pusher.  But turns out they limited the fill up to $75.

Then when I crossed the border into Oregon I saw a Pilot sign for $3.24 diesel.  Filled up and then discovered it was a price without tax.  Double Ouch!  I hate the NW price gouging.

Hope it gets cheaper by the time I get to the West Coast. 

try this site to see what what the price is around the country http://www.automotive.com/gas-prices/

Rollie said:
I guess if you have mountains or an ocean or great weather you have to pay more for gas.  But normally when we come into a holiday weekend the price goes up ... this time for much of the country the price came down???

Another quarterly report coming out. Too much profit??? Naw, oil companies never make too much.

Jim Dick said:
Another quarterly report coming out. Too much profit??? Naw, oil companies never make too much.

I was wondering if it had anything to do with BP getting caught manipulating prices?  As soon as it made the news the prices came down.  Oh well!! 

Howdy, Framily.
Gasoline price here in Fort Worth, TX as of 8/29/06 was $2.759/gallon.

Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce

Why are we all happy about gas under $3 a gallon???

Has anyone else noticed that the price of a gallon of gas is about the same as the price of a gallon of milk?

Why is the price of gas coming down (news reports $.25/gal in the last few days) but the diesel fuel price has hardly budged? Can anyone explain this for me?  :mad:

BruceinFL said:
Why is the price of gas coming down (news reports $.25/gal in the last few days) but the diesel fuel price has hardly budged? Can anyone explain this for me?? ?:mad:

wouldn't be GREED would it

BruceinFL said:
Why is the price of gas coming down (news reports $.25/gal in the last few days) but the diesel fuel price has hardly budged? Can anyone explain this for me?? ?:mad:

Sure but its easier to let someone else explain like the EIA comment made a short while back and extracted for here
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
With gasoline and crude oil prices dropping over the past several weeks, many people are wondering if this may be the start of a long downward trend that will lead oil prices to significantly lower levels in the near future.

While it is certainly possible that oil prices could continue the recent trend, dropping significantly over the next few months, there are several reasons why EIA believes the price drop may be limited. First, part of the reason prices have dropped recently is that upward pressure coming from gasoline during its peak demand season has vanished, with U.S. gasoline inventories apparently adequate to get through the upcoming Labor Day weekend, the nominal end of the peak season. Additionally, the lack of any major refinery or petroleum infrastructure damage through August, whether due to hurricanes or other reasons, has kept gasoline markets relatively calm. Thus, with the end of the peak gasoline season behind us and the peak heating fuel season not yet here, the market may be simply reflecting the usual shoulder period forces as it transitions from summer to winter seasons, resulting in an absence of product price pressures.

Nevertheless, as we get closer to the upcoming winter season, any concerns about the future adequacy of heating oil supplies could keep upward pressure on oil prices. With strong global demand for distillate fuel (diesel fuel and heating oil combined), given that diesel fuel markets in Asia and Europe are particularly robust, heating oil prices may rise to attract sufficient imports this winter to balance demand. The fact that diesel fuel prices have not dropped precipitously, along with gasoline, is an indication that the current weakness does not extend to all petroleum product markets. In addition, many of the global situations that concerned oil markets earlier this year have not abated. For example, a United Nations deadline set for Iran to halt its nuclear enrichment program is just two days away, with no signs that Iran will adhere to this deadline. Oil supplies are still being disrupted in Nigeria, concerns about oil production in other parts of the world remain, and the peak of the hurricane season is still ahead. All of these issues could keep oil prices from falling much below $70 per barrel.

Diesel is dropping.  Yesterday morning, the Butte, MT, FJ posted price of 3.319, when we filled up later that morning, it was 3.269 on the pump and today it's posted at 3.219.  With the .05/gal cash discount and the .01/gal RV Card discount, we paid 3.209 yesterday.

Well, 3.40 for diesel in Utah. The "experts," think it will go down to under 2 per gallon after Thanksgiving ( market guru's). I kind of like the Election hypothesis myself ;)

$2.91 for gas, $3.15 for diesel today in Cortez which usually has the highest priced gas in Colorado (other than Vail and Aspen where they can afford expensive gas).

Back
Top Bottom