Price of gas this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carl Lundquist said:
Pray that big strike in the Gulf really does develop to supply 11% of our crude supply.

Great as a short term solution. But better yet, pray that our government and private industry shoot some money into finding alternate, renewable sources (ethanol, solar, nuclear, steam, whatever) enough so that we can thumb our noses at the oil companies, the middle east, and the rest of those who see our reliance on fossil fuels and take full advantage of that reliance.

Lorna said:
I learned to drive tractor when I was 4 and could only use the clutch and one brake because I couldn't reach the other brake on the opposite side.  If I remember correctly I paid .25 per gal. after getting my first car.  We paid 3.35.9 today for diesel in eastern Montana.

Boy, you are a young one!!! ;D

Jim

Don't I wish but then on the other hand Medicare is good with a good supplement ;)

While this thread is on fuel, just a little reminder for those using diesel.  Better keep them running a lot and not let them sit for 90 days or more.  Friend on mine just called me and said he had to be towed with his 40'er.  Algae in the fuel.  It set once for 5 months and then was used extensely and set 3 more months and now on a tri[p from St Luis to Iowa  she konked out again as it had on a trip last year to Florida.  Mechanic said the tank is loaded with Alge.  So much for bio-diesel fuel.  Glad I've stuck to gas. 
They said they have a product(unknown name to me) that will gobble it up.  Sorry not my cup of tea.  I'm not that smart to know all that stuff but certainly many of you do.  Thjought is was worth mentioning.,

Shayne and others.  Are there any additives or other methods of safeguarding against algae?  This might be a good topic for another thread?

There are numerous brands of algaecides for diesel - most auto stores and full service fuel stations sell them.

Algae that thrive on diesel fuel also need water to live, so keeping water out of fuel tanks is a means of decreasing exposure to fuel algae.  If you get algae problems, chances are you have an accumulation of water in the fuel tank and will need to have it cleaned to prevent re-occurrences. I haven't come across a "dry gas" type of product for diesel fuel that sucks up moisture from te tank - has anybody ever heard of one?

Bio-Guard is a biocide I add to diesel.

Star*Tron is a newer product that I'm about to try to replace Bio-Guard. I recently started using their gas additive.

Portland OR
$2.83 Regular unleaded; $3.28 Diesel

Speaking of Washington roads. Does the stretch between Spokane and Cour De Lane still feel like driving on a washboard.

Cabbie

We just drove that last Saturday and I don't think so but then we have driven 1100 miles this past week so I could be wrong.  Ned didn't think so either.

Lorna said:
Cabbie

We just drove that last Saturday and I don't think so but then we have driven 1100 miles this past week so I could be wrong.? Ned didn't think so either.

Might have seemed smooth after your Alaska roads.

Wendy

Actually most of the roads in Alaska were better than expected but there were two areas that were really bad, well three but we didn't drive the Tok cutoff.

Gas $1.97.9 in Pickerington, Ohio  Heck they can do much better than that

RV Roamer said:
There are numerous brands of algaecides for diesel - most auto stores and full service fuel stations sell them.

. I haven't come across a "dry gas" type of product for diesel fuel that sucks up moisture from te tank - has anybody ever heard of one?

Yes, there are several - FPPF, Stanadyne Performance Formula, etc. However, I'm a little Leary of them. I'm not a chemist (worse grades in college) but what I understand goes like this. Dry gas is really just ethanol and it is an emulsifier i.e. it suspends the water in fuel and gets "burned" in process. BTW - if your state requires 10% ethanol then one doesn't need dry gas - your getting one gallon of dry gas with every 9 gallons of gasoline. In the case of diesel, these compounds are demulsifiers i.e. they turn suspended water into droplets that the fuel water filter can remove. However, I have seen articles that say it actually drops water to bottom of tank and since fuel pickup is from top it won't suck the water unless you go too low on fuel. ( Reading information of Tom's new supplier they say that fuel is from bottom of tank - boats may be different than RV's) I don't like that scenario. Maybe Karl or some one else with more chemical background can correct or expand on my writing.

Kirk said:
Here in Quebec City, Canada it is $0.924/liter, Canadian.

That would be about $310/gallon in US dollars.

$310/gallon????!!!! Not $3.10/gallon??
Confused,
Liz

Lorna said:
Wendy

Actually most of the roads in Alaska were better than expected but there were two areas that were really bad, well three but we didn't drive the Tok cutoff.

You are referring to the Glen Highway as the Tok Cutoff?  If so, it was in fine shape in 2003, what is happening to change that?

Regards,

Carl L/LA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom