'09 Carriage Cameo 2nd A/C Prep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigRBlueS

Good Afternoon,

I was told when buying my Carriage Cameo, which only has the main A/C unit, that the RV was "prepped" for the second A/C over the bedroom.

I relayed that info to my service guys, who have since said that other than the fuse switch that is installed, there is no other "prep" - wiring, ducting, holes in the roof...

I assumed, oops, that those were all part of "prepped".
  And I now understand that for other units, that they are!

Is there a place we can get the plans for our RV which will show wiring and stud locations to ease install for our techs???

Anyone else run into this issue?

I look forward to, and appreciate your thoughts, suggestions, and assistance!

Thanks!!!

Best,
    Dru

"Prepped" in my trailer means that one specific roof fan (bedroom) can be replaced by the additional AC and the 120V wiring is already in place for that, nicely hidden in the ceiling and a spare C/B is available. It is necessary to, at least, disassemble the fan from the inside to see anything though and verify and also verify that a C/B position is readily available (ie not being used for something else) even if you have to supply the additional breaker itself.

That said however, others with the same brand/model of trailer as mine who have actually installed one, found the 120V wire up by the fan opening but found the other end: 1:coiled up in the front cap or 2:coiled neatly behind the 120V C/B panel or 3: near the breaker panel but not quite long enough to reach. In most cases it was necessary to trace the wires using a wire tracer tool (Harbour Freight??) to determine what happened.

In many cases, additional holes in the roof are not needed, an existing and standard 14" roof fan  is simply replaced by an RV AC unit that also uses a 14" hole. One might ass-u-me that any structural diagrams will not be needed in a case where the trailer/motor home is sold with that option available.

Back
Top Bottom