AARP VS AMAC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1joester2

The DW and I are "eligible" to join either/both.

We're looking for input from those of you who may have more "realistic" experiences with these groups as far as pros and cons are concerned. Both offer insurances, discounts, ect...

We are aware of the foundational political agendas at the core of both, but we're more interested in what useful benefits RV'rs have found in the real world. Our intent is to avoid a political rukkus about the agenda's of both organizations. Both offer insurance, discounts, ect... and membership is about the same.
So...Which plan is seen as the most beneficial to those who are members?

As FT wannabe's, we want to make an educated decision before we join either.

Thanks in advance,
Joe and Carol

I've been a member of both, AARP until a year ago, and AMAC this year.  I don't find any benefits for the RVer from either organization and will not be renewing AMAC when it comes up.  I won't comment on the politics of either organization.

You get a 15% discount at Denny's with your AARP card...makes for a really good deal with their $2 $4 $6 $8 menu. Food qualifies as RV-related doesn't it ?

Ned said:
I won't comment on the politics of either organization.

Thanks, and we hope nobody does. This post is intended to see which is more beneficial in "the real world".

We certainly don't need or intend to start a political debate.

Wendy said:
You get a 15% discount at Denny's with your AARP card...makes for a really good deal with their $2 $4 $6 $8 menu. Food qualifies as RV-related doesn't it ?

That's not a benefit, that's a detriment if the 15% discount is only good a Denny's.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
That's not a benefit, that's a detriment if the 15% discount is only good a Denny's.

Didn't say that was the only benefit or the only discount, just that you got a 15% discount at Denny's with your AARP card.

Our United Healthcare AARP Medicare Supplement is the only reason I reinstated our AARP membership and is the only reason it remains in place.

I never could see any sense of paying AARP to send me insurance advertisements. That is simply nuts..... They obviously get a commission from the insurance that they sell.

It makes about as much sense as paying Walmart to send you their sale ads.....  :eek:

Denny's gives Seniors a 10 percent discount just for the asking. If you want your snail mail box full of crap, join AARP. If you want your email full of crap, join AMAC. Or, just contribute to your local political party because that is what joining these groups is all about.

And Denny's will give you a free Grand Slam Breakfast on your birthday, according to the e-mail they sent me.
No AARP membership required, and you don't have to play in the World Series for the Red Sox to get this Grand Slam, you only have to show ID as proof of birthday!

Can't offer a comment on AMAC but if you join AARP be prepared for an influx of junk mail like you have never seen before,unless of course you belong to Good Sams. I have been a member of AARP for a few years now but can't say that I have reaped any benefits as an rv'er ( don't eat at Denny's :) ). Come to think about it, no benefits at all except maybe for the rare good article in their magazines.....Alan

I have parked in Parks that discount AARP, eaten in eateries that Honer AARP, done other things where the AARP card was of benefit, Will be contacting AARP about insurance one of these days.

Never heard of the other outfit.

Back
Top Bottom