Our new home for 5 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halfwright

We have got a workamping job at an RV resort near Winters CA. It is a beautiful park with lots of anemities. It is between Sacramento and San Francisco. Napa Valley is near also. So, we are going to settle in for 4 to 6 months, depending on what happens with an application for a camp host gig in Greenbelt MD.

Attachments

• cc 001.JPG
    cc 001.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 201
Looks like a great location...enjoy. I am settled in now in a workamper position in 29 Palms CA. We need to try and hook-up when one of us decides to move on - I am planning on being here until late March.

Love you site, rustic but with all the amenities. I am more in a residential setting, but close to Joshua Treee so I am happy!

Have a great winter and enjoy your surroundings.

Thanks for all the email updates.

Jim

I have done a little work around here so far. I spent the first week on night security.  Really tough. I could have been replaced by 8 photosensitive switches as all I did was turn on lights. A little paperwork checking in late arrivals.  The next week, I worked on minor problems at the rental cabins they have 10 total. Small stuff, light bulbs, hinges, trim and the like. This week,  we started on the trellis that is going to be over the patio. Larry, the full time guy, used a cement saw to cut 2 foot squares in the patio floor and I broke up the cement and got it out of the hole. Little tougher work, swinging a sledge hammer. So  far, it is all good. There are some things I would change, but I am a workamper and not the manager, thank goodness. We have been riding around looking the area over. Got an annual pass to Six Flags since we will be going there a lot.  We are enjoying all the fresh fruit and vegetables in the area, especially the straw berries.  Most of the US production of walnuts must be here. Huge walnut orchards all over. And almonds and a few olives.  Some small vineyards close by, but nothing like  Napa. 
I hope you are all having as much fun as we are.

We always enjoyed our workkamping stints.  Make new friends, get to know an area really well, etc. Eventually we retired from workamping too, but I still miss it at times.

I forgot to mention that this is 24 hrs/wk. I work 4  6 hour days and my wife is busy being retired. For that we get a parking site, all utilities,wifi and use of all the facilitues  pool--hot tub --spa-- lounges. Tough life, but I can get used to it. 0:) 

Well, it happened and I am tickled pink. We got an e-mail saying that we could start a camp hosting position on March 1st. It is in Green Belt National Park, 13 miles from the White House. Seeing Washington DC was on my bucket list when we started full timing a year and a half ago.

We will be leaving here the middle oFebruary so that we can stop in Denver and see our boys and take care of business there. We will have 3 months to see all the monuments and museums. I am looking forward to it with great anticipation.

We will have to do two drive  throughs  and close two gates and be available to campers from 4 PM to 11 PM five days a week. I can handle that easily. It almost sounds too good to be true.

It doesn't get much better than that.  We have hosted State Parks, County Parks, National Parks, BLMs, and a Nature Conservancy properties.  We tried for years to get into Greenbelt but never made it.  We did do Prince William Forest Park (NPS System) which is just south of D.C., twice.

George,

I do not know how we got the job. It is our  third (not counting this one) volunteer gig. It sounds like you have a lot more on your resume than we do.  Maybe it is a lottery or they pull names from a hat. I was at Ft. Stanton State Monument NM for a month and at Steamboat Lake state park for 4 months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom