Boondocking near I-95 Savannah GA to Miami FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

Does anyone here have any ideas about boondocking from Savannah GA to Miami FL near I-95.

So far the only 2 places I know about are the Flying J in Brunswick GA (always super crowded) and the Flying J in St Augustine (also crowded). Are those my only options?

If you have a Walmart recommendation, it helps if you've actually stayed there before... I know in the past folks told me to just pull in at any Walmart, but in 3 years and 17 states that has yet to work for me. I seem to always choose the wrong Walmart and have to move along anyhow.

Thanks for your help!

We usually just pull into one of the FL rest stops (don't do Walmart or similar). Most have security and we've never had a problem staying for 8 to 12 hrs. Trucks are noisy and sometimes act grumpy, but usually it goes just fine.

Ernie

Plenty of Walmarts and Sam's Clubs near I95, if that's your route. Check one of the lists for those that allow overnight stays. Here is a list of Wlamarts known to prohibit overnights:
http://www.walmartatlas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/no-park-walmarts.pdf

Cracker Barrel restaurants allow overnights unless prohibited by local ordnance, so check them out too.

Usually I try to avoid after dark boondocking, my house battery is crammed in with the engine and not that big though I do have a generator.

I prefer campgrounds for sure.

Can't stay where I am on the coast of SC,  as they've extended me 3 times for 19 days already, and now they are packed up solid again starting tomorrow, so I have to shuffle along in a southerly manner to link up to my prepaid winter reservation. Hoping to get an early start... but no idea, see how I feel.

Normally I would just make reservations somewhere along the way, but I am not feeling so hot, not sure how long I will be able to drive.  I may not make it past the first hour. Could take me all week to make this last 500 miles.

Being that the weather is ideal, many places on my route are jammed up for the weekend, just don't want to be dead tired and realize I can't get into a campground, looking for alternatives was all.

I was so tired when I posted this, I put Miami when I am actually aiming for Melbourne... duh...

Ijust did my first ever overnighter in a Cracker B. lot..it was marked ou for RV's/Bus and had a half dozen spots... Durham NC..went in for breakfast and asked for and got a map  of all CB's and their RV friendly status...I figure if they allow so will most Walmarts also..and I pend less money...
With your " C " you will have tons of room and I hope you have as good an experience as I did..

George

Back
Top Bottom