Holidays in an RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toastergirl

I was just starting to decorate for Christmas this week, and I got to thinking. How many people are spending their holiday season in their RV, and if you will be, or have before, how do you celebrate and decorate with limited space, and while being on the road?

I have a garland that attaches to the framing around one of our slideouts.  I string lights on it and attach small ornaments.  Most of the ornaments are from places we have traveled to, so hanging them evokes memories of our travels.  I have a red, green and gold tablecloth that stays on the dining table for the season and a few other small decorations.

We'll be spending Christmas at the SKP Saguaro Co-op in Benson, AZ where we have a lot.  We will be attending more holiday activities there than we did when we lived in a stick house.

Jeannine

Our grown children are meeting us near Orlando, FL. for Christmas. We will be in our motor home. We are taking a small tree the DW purchased at Michaels.

Scott  :)

Here we were set up at the park we used in St Petes, with the tree we always brought along.

Ed

Attachments

• Set up in St Petes.jpg
    Set up in St Petes.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 67
I love the idea of collecting ornaments from places you visit! That is so fun :)

And Ed, I love your "Christmas" tree. Very cute  ;D

For me, since Jesus is the reason for the season. I don't start to decorate until Dec. 15. We have a very small tree that sits on the dash. I put up a few window clings. Hang the stockings from the tv, and turn on the fireplace app in the morning. Kinda of cozy.

I also collect ornaments from places where we have been. And we decorate our outside palm tree with them. Along with rope lighting out side.

We put some window clings on the jeep windows, and a wreath on the spare tire.

I love the Dollar tree. For a few dollars you can buy new every year. I like to decorate, but keep things easy and simple being full timers.

We have small pre-decorated tree that sits on the dash.
Our biggest problems are how to cook all the neat stuff with a small oven and small refrigerator to store food in.
I cut the turkey in half longways so it will fit laying down in the pan (use my saber saw) and we use our cooler with ice to store some food for a few days.

We put our tree on the steering wheel table, lights around some windows and a little garland here and there. The better half is the decorator and she has a different theme every year. One year in Texas all the ornaments were Texas themed. Some years it's a color, like red or white. Each year she starts collecting in November from the Dollar stores, thrift stores and whenever she sees something.

Our Christmas Cards feature our little French Bulldog dressed up in some type of themed costume (which she hates). One year she was driving the MH, once she had a small sleigh she was pulling, she was writing a letter one time. Only your imagination limits the fun you can have.

ken

Our old Bounder one Christmas on the Chetco River in Brookings, OR.

Attachments

• Bounder Christmas.jpg
    Bounder Christmas.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 45
Our biggest problems are how to cook all the neat stuff with a small oven

We've used turkey breasts instead of the full turkey (we don't like the dark meat anyway), and it worked beautifully.  The breasts are so large we had leftovers for the next day.

ArdraF

Any RV parts shop will carry hooks that are attached to rubber connectors that slide into the awning track.  Put the rubber into the track, then hook the lights onto the metal hooks.  Then we'd run the lights down the arms by wrapping then down to the coach, and run the extension cord up to the lights.  Unfortunately, the picture above really doesn't show them well.

Ed

Buy a small tree to use for Christmas then toss it when you're done with it. That's probably what you'd do in a stick house, just with a bigger tree. We have a small table top tree that I stick in a corner of the closet and we put that up on the dinette table. When we're at Anza Borrego at Christmas, we drape lights on the bushes in our campsite. And we put Santa hats on our rearview mirrors. I have a 2-Buck-Chuck box that holds a surprising amount of Christmas decorations and doesn't take up much space in the coach.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom