Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aem

We are in Florida and would like to go to arizona for a month or longer in April 14. We are active,like to exercise,walk,bike etcetera ..we do not like big cities so any recommendation is appreciated.

Last March we stayed at Gilbert Ray Campground in Tucson Mountain Park, 3 nights $60.00, site C27. Sites are large and all sites have 30 amp electric plus there is a water fill & dump station.  I think they have a 14 day limit. Tucson Mountain Park is beautiful. It is Pima County Park and close to Old Tucson where they made a lot of the old western movies. http://webcms.pima.gov/cms/one.aspx?portalId=169&pageId=1327 and download their brochure. If we ever go there again I would try to get space C26. We enjoyed the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. We found a very good Mexican restaurant in Tucson Estates near the bank & hardware store, Los Nopales off Kinny road prior to entering Tucson Mountain Park coming from Ajo highway # 86. The reason we visited Tucson on this trip was to visit my brother & his DW. They had a park model rental at Far Horizons Tucson Village which is a great RV resort, check their website http://www.tucsonvillage.com/ it has about anything you would want in a RV resort. Last winter was cooler than normal in Tucson in fact most of AZ, but by the time we got there it was hot. Let me know if you want more info. Dick nvrver

here is the post that got us interested in this park:
Gilbert Rey Campground, Tucson Mountain Park

? on: January 24, 2013, 09:39:59 PM ?

Catalina SP just north of Tucson is a great place although it has a 2 week stay limit. You will swear there is not a town anywhere nearby, yet if you want stores they are only a short drive away.

Ken

While Gilbert Ray and Catalina State Park have been two of my favorites for the last 12 years, if you want a "commercial/resort" type park then look in Casa Grande. It's between Phoenix and Tucson off I-10 and I-8. Keeps put out of the big city traffic, yet Casa Grande has decent shopping. Casa Grande has a number of good RV Parks.

aem said:
...We are active,like to exercise,walk,bike etcetera ..we do not like big cities so any recommendation is appreciated...
I suggest taking a look at the Cottonwood/Camp Verde area. There are a number of nice RV Parks in the area and Dead Horse Ranch State Park has a campground. The average April/May temperatures are in the 70-80s in the daytime and above 40 at night. There are lots of places to see and things to do in the area including: Montezuma Castle and Montezuma Well National Monuments, Tuzigoot National Monument, Palatki and Honaki Ruins, V-Bar-V Heritage Site, Verde Canyon RailroadCathedral Rock, Schnebly Hill Road, the town of Jerome and the town of Sedona.

Not too far North near Flagstaff are Sunset Crater, Wupatki, and Walnut Canyon National Monuments.

We really liked Desert Trails RV Park, west of the Tucson Mountains. It is in raw Sonoran Desert, lots of cactus, trails, etc. Just a few miles south of the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum and Saguaro National Park West. Near enough to Tucson to drive to stores in 15-20 minutes (or more, depending on where you're going). Very friendly, helpful management, lots of nice folks stay there. You probably will need a reservation.

Hi! Thanks for all the replies.  We have homework to do now and check them out..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom