One Place Tank Level Resetting/Calibrating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yoda2405

I have the attached tank level monitor display and have reset in the past when it was reading erratic and it resolved the issue for the past year or so. It is now reading erratic again and I cannot find or remember the push button sequence to reset the display. Does anyone have this information or refer me to the information. I have searched for it as I found it before but am unable to locate the information this time.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 2013110908545100.jpg
    2013110908545100.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 82
I thought about calling Winny but they are hard to get through to at times so I spent a few hours searching as I remember finding it and doing it a year ago or so and it worked perfectly. Just I cannot remember the procedure or find it again. Guess I better document it when I find it this time. Can't rely on the memory any longer. Seems like it was holding down three of the buttons.

Thanks for your support,

Hold the pump tank and battery till the reset message appears then touch pump, then battery. The monitor will then need to relearn the sensors as you touch each of the buttons to read your levels.

Jim:
Thanks for the procedure it appears to work except I am still showing the gray water tank full after dumping it. When I press the 3 buttons I get a software version display then push pump then battery and the display returns to normal with everything off. Does this sound like what is expected? I think it is as best I remember but wanted to check since the gray water is still showing wrong.
Any thoughts on what I might try? I use calgon periodically in the tanks to try to keep them slick and prevent stuff from sticking.
Thanks again for your response,

I experienced a similar problem with mine. My gray water tank was periodically showing 2/3 full even when empty. While checking the sensors I noticed that they seemed very sensitive. Just getting near them with my finger would cause them to react. There's no way to adjust the sensitivity on the circuit board so I pulled them off and re-installed them with thicker 3M tape. They've worked correctly ever since, YMMV.

I have never seen them, sensors, so not sure where they are. Is there a normal location for them? Is there a way to determine from the plumbing diagram the location?
Thanks,

This is not in response to your problem. but I have found when I e-mail Winnebago cust svc I usually get a good response within a day or 2.  That is why I don't try to call.  Dick nvrver

I found the sensors and they seem to be firmly attached to the tank. I can feel them better than seeing them. I had to use a mirror and flashlight to see them. Tried to plug and unplug them but could not reach the plug. Might be able to by removing the plumbing bay fascia, but not here at the campground today.
I sent winnebago an Email with my checks to see if they have any additional thoughts. If anyone else has any, please advise.

Thanks,,

If yours are the same as mine there are three sensors in series. The circuit does not care which is which, volume is determined by how many are "active". If only one is active, even if it is the top one, the readout will show 1/3 full. For your tank to read full, all of them must be active. This is usually caused by soap scum build up on the gray tank walls. I don't know of any effective way to stop this. There are other threads here about this problem and they suggest the only sure cure is total replacement with another higher quality system. Too big a job for me.

I removed mine by carefully forcing a strong putty knife under them. I then cleaned them off and put a double layer of 3M mounting tape on them and put them back. In my case that seems to have cured the problem. It has been several months now and they have performed correctly. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I called Precision Electronics, they make the tank monitor and sensors, and spoke to their Technical Support. They were very willing to work with me. What they have found was 1st something close to the sensors changed causing them to false read, even the wiring to the sensor, 2nd was what they described as algae growth in the grey water tank. They did not have a real suggestion as to how to clean. I checked the wiring and it seems securely fastened as from the factory. I did move the wiring away from the sensors as much as possible and it seems to have helped as now it reads 2/3 full when empty. I am driving about 400 miles tomorrow and have put 2 gal. bleach in the grey tank and will see if that cleans either algae or soap scum from the interior of the tank.
I will advise my results.

Thanks for all suggestions,

2 Gal Bleach and two showers last nght and the tank this morning is reading 1/3 full so progress. I will let it slosh around on the triphome today and maybe the last sensor will be clear - could be now as 2 showers might show 1/3 but I doubt it. Probably cleared the bottom sensor and the middle one is still mis-reading due to tank scum.
Good news is the bleach appears to have worked.

Bleach will kill algae, but a better solution is a septic system enzyme treatment such as Rid-X or Roebic K67. The enzymes will literally eat the sludge away. The drawback is that the enzymes need a tank full of water and about 3 days to do the job. The plus side is that you aren't flushing gallons of bleach into the campground septic system, where it also kills the healthy bacteria that make a septic work.

Am I glad I read this thread. Having some problem with intermittent readings of the gray tank sensors;  they are easily accessible, I checked them and  they seem to be firmly attached to the tank.  I will try the Rid-X and see  if it helps since we are at home for a while.
Thank you for this suggestion.

Well, the bleach fix seems to have been only temporary as the tank is back to reading 2/3 when empty. Will try the septic enzyme treatment as I do believe it is soap scum or algae sticking to the sides of the tank and fooling the sensors. May try a good rinse and see what that does with clear water.

Any other suggestions, I am all ears!

It often takes multiple treatments (with subsequent flushing) to get the sensors clean enough so they read ok for more than a few days or weeks.

There are some replacement sensors that claim to be less troublesome. One such is the Horst Miracle Probe. However, a better long term solution is to change to external sensing ala the Garnet SeeLevel Gauge system.

I added a septic enzyme and filled the grey tank full. The enzyme was some I had around for a couple years, does it go bad? Should I go get some new enzyme?
Thanks for your infomation/help.

Back
Top Bottom