Fishing The Jetties South Padre Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Henry Wishard

Caught this red fish this morning and then released him back into the blue waters of South Padre. Staying about 500 yds from the jetties at Isla Blanca Park with over 600 sites. The park is about 1/3 full and they are waiting on there flood of winter Texans to arrive from the north. This is not a dog friendly park because of all the grass burrs. Other than that we are having a ball. Oh! forgot to mention "We don't have a dog" But we do have our stuffed beagle that stays on the dash. He never picks up burrs.

Attachments

• photo-002.JPG
    photo-002.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 60
Nice fish, Henry.
Surf fishing this past week on Hatteras Island, NC, caught this Red Fish.  He was released even though he was in the "keeper slot" of, over 20" but less than 27". (actually 26.5")

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 50
Nice fish Lou,  mine was over 31" and would have required a tag. I didn't have a pen with me to fill out a tag so I let him go. There were several caught while I was out the this morning. I am going to try surf fishing next week since I brought 2,16' surf rods with holder with me. Don't you just love this RV life style?

Nice drum guys,
I use to live in NC and my Dad and I would surf fishing several times during the fall on Ocracoke (his favorite fishing hole, lol). That was a long time ago and I haven't been back sadly.

Would you guys know of a good campground to go to on the outer banks these days?

buckstand, from April to mid October, the best deal is the NPS campgrounds on Ocracoke, Hattarass and Roanoke Islands.  They have clean modern toilet facilities with cold water showers, but NO RV hookups.  There are campgrounds, with ocean views, or ocean access, in Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, Avon, Buxton, Frisco, Hatteras Village and Ocracoke along the NC Outer Banks.  All have RV hookups.

Living this close, I use the NPS Campgrounds as I only go to the coast for the fishing.

With this cold front that came in has put a damper on my fishing. Caught 22 mangrove snapper Friday before the wind drove me off the jetties. Woke up this morning at 43 degrees in my coach. I will be packing up in the morning and heading back to my home area at Lake Conroe, Tx for Thanksgiving with the kids.

Henry Wishard said:
  With this cold front that came in has put a damper on my fishing. Caught 22 mangrove snapper Friday before the wind drove me off the jetties. Woke up this morning at 43 degrees in my coach. I will be packing up in the morning and heading back to my home area at Lake Conroe, Tx for Thanksgiving with the kids.

Now thats my idea of a camping trip! Camping and fishing, it don't get no better!

:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom