October photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I got an email from Betty wondering where my October photos were. Well I had a bunch of doctors appointments in October so I didn't go out shooting much. And I have been lazy since October ended. I finally got my cameras emptied out and I only found a few photos worth posting. One shot is all three of my cats on my keyboard looking out the window. I have only managed to get all three cats into the frame a few times so it is precious for me. Another shot is of Coby, Catblaster's new dog. He is a sweetheart. And one shot is of a turtle crossing the road. He was a really pretty turtle. The link to the October photos is in my sig below..

The turtle is really striking and I really like the cranes (herons?).  Also you now have photographic proof that you CAN herd cats.  ;D  Thanks, Betty, for reminding him how much we enjoy his monthly photos.

The cranes are not herons, but they look like herons. They are Sandhill Cranes, a close relative of the Whooping Cranes. They also look like Egrets. Egrets, Cranes and Herons are all closely related. What I think is going on is that Egrets were named in France, Herons were named in Germany and Cranes were named in America.

Herding cats is the reason I have not been able to get all three in the frame at the same time. I tried to herd them but that never worked. I was able to get that photo because they all got up on the keyboard at the same time to check something out in the yard.

Boy, those cats sure are interested in something outside their window!  Must be thinking it would be good to ear!

Ardrat

Tom, if your cats get bored, you may want to teach them a new trick.

Check it out here >>>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJilrIJqSyg

carson said:
Tom, if your cats get bored, you may want to teach them a new trick.

Check it out here >>>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJilrIJqSyg
That is a cool video, thanks for the link. However teaching a cat to play the piano is easy. They walk around on the keyboard every day. Twenty years ago I had an African Grey Parrot who absolutely loved to play the piano. Winston would walk up and down the keyboard enjoying every minute of it.

Attachments

• Winston 09.jpg
    Winston 09.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 16
ArdraF said:
Boy, those cats sure are interested in something outside their window!  Must be thinking it would be good to ear!
I don't know what they were looking at. But they all spend a lot of time looking out the window every day because this RV park is like living in a bird reserve.

Steve & Linda said:
Love the clarity of these photos, Tom.
That is an interesting observation. Two of the photos (bush and dog) were taken with my 'good' camera. The photo of the cats were taken with my backup camera and the Cranes and the turtle were both taken with my cell phone camera.

Given your recent history, we're just glad to see any of your pictures at all, Tom. 

The turtle is our favorite this month.

Be Well!

Don and The Pelicanlady

parttymer said:
Great photos Tom. Sure is cool that I can read the inscription on the little souvenir from Grand Teton NP. How do you do that?
Thanks Stan. I would love to be able to say that the reason is because the camera has so many megapixels or because the lens was so expensive. However it is only a 10mp camera and the lens was the 18-55 kit lens that came with the camera, in other words a dirt cheap lens. I think that knowing how to post process (Photoshop) images helps a lot. Every shot I post I have ran through Lightroom. I adjust the size of the image, adjust the brightness and contrast, add some saturation and then sharpen the image. Rarely do I do anything else. Sharpening is the hardest of all. It took a few years of practice to get my sharpening skills down. The fact that you can read the inscription is proof positive that expensive lenses are a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom