Does This Cell Phone Exist????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

We are considering letting go of our land-line in our house and going with a Verizon plan.

The question I have is about the hardware itself. Is there a cell phone on the market that is more the size and shape of a conventional cordless phone that we could use at home and then use a smart phone or similar model while on the road or out and about?

Any help will be appreciated.

Bill

We use Verizon's home phone that is a box that sits on a cabinet in the house and any cheap cordless phone from Kmart or anywhere will work with it.

I have shopped cell phones endlessly and I cannot recall ever seeing one that looked like a conventional phone.

BTW - Tmobile has a plan that is unlimited web, text and voice for $70 per month, much cheaper than a comparable Verizon plan.                                                 

Panasonic makes a series of cordless phones with link2cell functionality like this one. It does not require that you be connected to a landline. When your bluetooth enabled phone comes into the house all phones can answer the cell (s) call as well as make them. The Panasonic downloads your address book as well.

There used to be a company called Cell Sockets as I recall.. You "Dropped" a cell phone into the socket and plugged in a standard Touch Tone telephone, Wall, Desk, Princess, whatever you liked.  Even a common cordless phone could be connected.

Type in a number hit star to dial and pounds to hang up or some such thing.

(not sure of the commands)

For 20 dollars a month both att and verizon offer a home phone connect.  You plug your old home phone into it and take it where you want it.  You can even keep your old home phone number.  Works great no matter where as long as you have cell service

Since we're never home and wished to retain that number, I switched it to Consumer Celluar for $20 per month and we just take it with us. They also offer a stay at home option that allows using a portable phone.

Ernie

our home cordless phones have bluetooth.  When home, I can just leave my cell phone on the counter, plugged into the wall, and then use the regular, more comfortable handheld home phone to talk.  Pretty simple after the initial setup.

You can also get the same Verizon Home Phone Connect service through Tracfone for $15 per month. The $99 base units are available at Walmart

Dutch,

Could you please post a little bit more info - model, name, etc.?

I went to the Tracfone website and browsed phones and did not see what I think I am looking for. This sounds like the perfect solution.

Thanks,
Bill

Remember Track phone is a cell reseller.  And depending what network they are connected with it may or may not work in all places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom