Weingard in motion satellite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marden

Over a year ago  I replaced my satellite with a Weingard in motion satellite and it worked fine until today. I have been parked for about two weeks and have had good reception until now. The only difference is the temperature. It went from in the high seventies to the mid thirties in one day and on the second morning of cold weather the satellite no longer is sending signals to the receiver. I checked all my receivers and they all do not work.  I also reset the satellite and it went through the search mode and stopped after searching but I can't tell whether or not it is actually locked on to the satellite. How can I diagnosis the dish? Any suggestions as to a fix.

You should be able to display the signal strength on your receiver - somewhere on its set-up screen will be a page that shows the signal it gets from each transponder on the satellite (if any).

Please provide more  detail about what it does or doesn't do.  Does your tv display the receiver's own screen? If not, the problem is between receiver and tv. If yes, then the receiver is either not getting a signal from the dome, or your subscription to the satellite service has been disabled for some reason. There would usually be error code or message displayed on the tv, e.g. "searching for signal" or "not authorized" or some such.  A call to Direct or Dish would get an answer to that one.

Marden said:
Over a year ago  I replaced my satellite with a Weingard in motion satellite and it worked fine until today. I have been parked for about two weeks and have had good reception until now. The only difference is the temperature. It went from in the high seventies to the mid thirties in one day and on the second morning of cold weather the satellite no longer is sending signals to the receiver. I checked all my receivers and they all do not work.  I also reset the satellite and it went through the search mode and stopped after searching but I can't tell whether or not it is actually locked on to the satellite. How can I diagnosis the dish? Any suggestions as to a fix.
Gary RV Roamer  made some good suggestions that I would pursue. 

FWIW, this may be a temperature related issue involving the mechanical servos in the roof-top unit.  It's possible one or more of these servos have become (temporarily?) inop.  I'd suggest trying to operate it when temperatures are much, much warmer to verify if the problem may be temperature related or not.  Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom