Fuse panel red light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaron Davies

I have my trailer winterized, I pulled the lp detector fuse and the radio fuse to keep from draining the battery but now the red lights, indicating the fuse is out, are on. Is there a way to get those to turn off, I tried shutting the main breaker off but it stays on.  If there is no solution, what do you do with your battery?? Disconnect it?

Yes you will have to disconnect the battery to shut them off. They are LEDs so they do nit use a lot of juice.

On my Jayco I install a battery cutoff switch inside the RV so I can use it like a master cutoff of all 12V so if I want to store it for long periods and keep the batteries up just flip the cutoff switch. Most install the switch near the battery box. I installed mine inside where you can only get to it. This prevents some from casually walking by and flipping the switch on or off. But this solves you issue with a simple battery switch.

Ah, you have a GOOD fuse panel.. First those red lights sip and I mean slowly of the battery power (Akin to self discharge)

Now, go to the battery, On the NEGATIVE terminal there is one or more wires.. Paint them black, come back tomorrow and disconnect them.

(WHile you are at it paint the positive wires red)

Why Paint.. Well batteries come in two types. for the most part (Plus a few exceptional exceptions)

12 volt Marine/Deep cycle (There are other types of 12 volt but for RV use this is the most common)
and Six Volt Golf Car DEEP CYCLE.

The latter has lasted me nearly 9 years to date

The former,, Generall do not do as well in RV service

So when you get around to replacing them, (Which can be as much as a decade from now) that red paint tells you what hooks to POSITIVE,, Likewise for the black and And negative.

And as the voice from the clouds said after the cloudburst totaled the highly thinned paint job.

REPAINT.

And there we diverge from the joke... As needed.

(The joke ends with "And thin no more".

On a more serious note:  you might try this link

http://www.progressivedyn.com/pdfs/full_line_catalog.pdf

This will download a Progressive Dynamics catalog for you (It is a PDF file, you will need the proper reader software).

Page 14 is DC distruibution panels (NOTE Acrobat page numbers may not be the same as physical pages since Acrobat counts the front cover as PAGE !, and the inside front cover as PAGE 2
Many publishers the front cover is Zero, one or both sides., Some do not count till after the index.)
Edit: Fixed download link.

Back
Top Bottom